Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValu 48 hour only offers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

I’m raging. Someone else has discovered my wine on special offer. Sold out in Castletroy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

Think the Hendricks is €35…edit got a flyer saying it’s €25

Post edited by dubmick on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Hey all- I deserted Super Valu about 3 years ago for Dunnes due to a terrible SV rewards scheme Vs Dunnes 10 off 50 or 5 off 25 consistent discounts every week

Has SV rewards changed much from 3 years ago when I got ad hoc money vouchers based on how much I soent over a quarter period I think, and useless money off tokens for goods I’d never buy.

To go back to SV, I’d want consistent money off my full shop of grocery goods each week to match the savings I get in Dunnes - any thoughts welcome - also don’t wish to derail thread so if such a request not allowed then no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

nothing has changed, it is worth bearing in mind that money off vouchers like you mention are a marketing gimmick and the prices have been elevated to cover the cost of these vouchers, once the buyer is aware of this and hits special offers then its a win

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Ive been hopping around between supermarkets using whatever vouchers i have available and using Lidl or Aldi for some items.

Supervalu vouchers were first 7 off 35 then went to 8 off 40 and then 10 off 50

They now have gone to 5 off 35

I find Supervalu expensive for most things and tend to only buy specials or staples like bread milk that are the same price everywhere or meat that can be on offer

Dunnes 10 off 50 is probably more useful to me than the Supervalu 5 off 35.

It will be interesting to see if i get a better coupon when i dont use the 5 off 35

Thanks for that confirmation. Really I tend to buy the same items month on month and having compared prices I know that I’m getting true savings using the 10 off 50 - maybe someone else getting a different basket of goods wouldn’t get quite the same cost savings but it works for me.

If super valu were more consistent week on week or if Dunnes dropped their discount card I’d probably go back as it’s more convenient to me but really it makes no sense for me doing weekly shop in SV right now -

Thanks for that - I also get cash vouchers from Dunnes every quarter based on my shopping so it probably amounts to 1 free weekly shop every YEAR😀- between that and the 10 off 50 or 5 off 25 week on week, I’m happy sticking with what I know.

One of these days I’ll do some proper “scientific” research and do a virtual online shop in various supermarkets of my regular weekly goods just to see exactly what the differences are - I’ll report back with my findings.

Dunnes often have discounts of some of my regular items so I tend to wait for those discounts and then buy a “supply” - things like liquid soap etc- stuff that you wouldn’t use any more of regardless of the quantity bought-

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dunne’s shopper here because 10 off 50 is way better than 5 off 35 which is all i ever seem to get.

however if you sign up for a new super value account in the app (use a disposable email address… eg gmail hack) you will get 10 off 50 for at least a few weeks. I’ll do this sometimes if they have special offers on. Will always just scan my own regular tag though, so vouchers are interchangeable.

anyway, on the regular account I’m after getting loads of weekly vouchers of 10 off 40, 20 off 80 and 25 off 100 kicking off today till the end of December…… so check your own app

on top of that, I’ve also received in the post a flyer promoting the new Blanchardstown store with another 6 10 off 40 vouchers which are all valid for 6 weeks, so if you live in the area check your junk mail

im off to super value now 🤣

Just did- I’ve a rake of 5 off 35 through to end of year with different expires- will definitely use as Christmas time is always a multi journey trip to the shops time of year and SV location is a lot closer to me- many thanks and Happy Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭Invincible

@CH3OH

"I find Supervalu expensive for most things and tend to only buy specials or staples like bread milk that are the same price everywhere or meat that can be on offer"

Any of the local Supervalu stores are still more expensive with own brand milk and butter than the other supermarkets. €2.95 for 3L in Tesco/Lidl/Dunnes.

I always use a voucher in either Dunnes or Supervalu and it works out cheaper than Tesco. It is not hard to spend €50

I buy 2L and they all price match( fix), so with a €10 off €50, 2L is €1.67 in Dunnes or Supervalu or equal to €2.51 for 3L

I was just highlighting that IF using a voucher, you can save some money.

And 3L is 2.95 in Supervalu

Just back from Blanch

loads happening there with new store opening. Free cake and Prosecco with prizes for everyone of sweet tubs or biscuit boxes and food tastes all throughout the store

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Mine used to do this every year but it never came back after COVID. Haven't seen any signs this year either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Post edited by jeffk on

This was in my local Supervalu Arklow

Can't see it on website, so unsure if all stores

I heard a rumour that they might be on offer in Tesco next week

Post edited by CH3OH on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

The SV rewards app vouchers tend to change based on how much you tend to spend there.

My last batch for the past 5 weeks or so were all €10 off €50. Next batch for December are all €11 off €75 with a bonus €10 off €50 for each week.

Multiple accounts are a good idea for SuperValu

Yes. Saw that.

Could be just Pettitts Supervalu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Super valu “rewards” are pretty crap- they did away with the 1c per 1 euro spent ones ( dunnes and Tesco have those as do Eurospar). Now a supposed monthly draw to win prizes. I’ve never won anything or anyone I know for that matter. Also the product vouchers are useless mostly odd stuff that I never buy- they used to be ok at one stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bmc58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭lau1247

Same as what I saw yesterday evening in the shop

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I find unless something is on Special offer in SV then at best it’s the same price as Dunnes/Tesco but invariably will be dearer.

Cooked chickens are crazy expensive (€9) vs dunnes (€6) just one example. It’s not like they’re better quality for anything say like Superquinn used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I found when I logged out of the ap with dunnes and supervalu I got 10 off 40 from dunnes and 10 off 50 from sv

took a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Get washing

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LJ3103

Does the SuperValu deals for the washing powder start tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

The SV 5 off 35 has been on for many years.

Dont remember it being anything else.

SV are expensive but I find Dunnes more expensive without any vouchers.

• Advertisement

the vouchers are different for supervalu depending on the customers average spend, i shop for someone else and get 12 off 120

Advertisement