Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickfire Peehs, Father Ted Style!

Options
  • 16-07-2019 5:48pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks with the other slow burning games running here I'm gonna try a quickfire game.

No Google please.

And this time it's...

320x0w.jpg

So without further adieu, the questions:

1. Name one of the four main characters in the show
    2. Name an episode from any of the three seasons
    3. Name a guest star (real name) in any episode
    4. Name a character who lives on Craggy Island who is not one of the main 4 characters
    5. Name a bishop who appeared on screen in the show
    6. Name a priest who got stuck in Ireland's largest lingerie section
    7. Name something that was given up for Lent by a priest
    8. Name something other than alcohol Jack has drank during the course of the show
    9. Name a nun who appeared in the show in any episode
    10. Name a priest on either team in the' Over 75s Indoor Football Challenge' match between Craggy and Rugged Island.

Let's see how a quickfire one works.

And.. GO!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

In'o'clock

Wow just looked at the questions and apparently I know nothing about Father Ted

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well I couldn't make it TOO easy now could I :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Might actually do well in this. My Brother and his wife could probably quote every line from every episode. The only question im struggling with is I can only think of the super obvious Bishop but very happy with my answer to the following question.

Now that my answers are sent off to google to annoy myself by seeing what I could have had :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In when I get my thinking cap on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In. Here comes the wooden spoon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

6 entries already, ticking along nicely. I'm interested to see how many sign ups a quickfire game will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Will enter in a while. I actually expected reveal tonight when I saw the title :) so good to see I have a bit of time. Now how much I remember is another story.

Maybe we could have turbo games for same day reveal. Quick fire next day etc

osh wrote: »

Maybe we could have turbo games for same day reveal.

Thanks for volunteering buddy. Tomorrow?

tusk wrote: »

Hah well I have been thinking of doing a game at some stage so we'll see :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    In. Here comes the wooden spoon.
    I'll fight ya for it!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Will enter in a while. I actually expected reveal tonight when I saw the title :) so good to see I have a bit of time. Now how much I remember is another story.

tusk wrote: »

I'll do one next week.

Nah, Rikand's next reveal for Walrus is tonight, no need to overlap.

Issue is sign ups with a turbo, though if you launched it at say 8am with reveal 12 hrs later that would probably be loads of time :)

Necro wrote: »
    Nah, Rikand's next reveal for Walrus is tonight, no need to overlap.

Issue is sign ups with a turbo, though if you launched it at say 8am with reveal 12 hrs later that would probably be loads of time :)

Yeah you’d definitely want to give a bit of time to get answers in. Also does it take long to compile the answers and enter into the sheepulator?

osh wrote:
    Yeah you’d definitely want to give a bit of time to get answers in. Also does it take long to compile the answers and enter into the sheepulator?

Not really. Main difficulty is formatting them (ie numbered lists). But normally it's just a straightforward copy and paste.

Sheepulator does almost all the work it's amazing when you get used to it.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    In when I get my thinking cap on.

Thinking cap donned & entry gone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In

I think I've given 10 correct answers too! :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Lets try this again and see how we get on this time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh my actual god. I ran a Fr Ted themed werewolf game and I still can't think of most of these answers. I am embarrassed for myself. I'm fully expecting a wooden spoon here. Still in though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I'm in.

submitted. probably be my best run for the wooden spoon :o

18 entries so far. Keep em coming in folks :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

In but had to guess a few of those and picked probably very obvious answers for the rest :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Pudner7

In but really struggled with a show I thought I knew really well. Should be good! Definite wooden spoon contender.

21 entries now, delighted with that. Let's see how many more we can get in just over 4 hrs :)

I'll post reveal thread about 6 or so and do the reveal at around 7.30pm.

Bring your best gifs from the show along with you!

Who'll be celebrating:

giphy.gif

And who will be looked upon with shame:

6e0d1Q6tUU22.gif

We shall find out later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

UnevenCraftyEft-size_restricted.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I'm in! I fupping love Fr Ted!!!! :pac::D

twirlagig wrote:
    I'm in! I fupping love Fr Ted!!!!

You stole my whistle, you fupping backstard

• Advertisement

And another 2 entries to bring us to 23 total, can we get 25 in under 24 hrs?

Still 3 hrs to go :)

tenor.gif?itemid=4832416

Advertisement