Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭NorthCity

Berserker5 wrote: »
    Who's that

He is a ' lone ' shark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭Augme

Who is the photo of in padraig Reilly's cover on Twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Tippsman

Augme wrote: »
    Who is the photo of in padraig Reilly's cover on Twitter?

Innocent Martin o Rourke killed as a "gilly" who was killed himself tried to shot Keith Murtagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

I was told a story that he wasnt late with money at all, they just wanted him gone. He had 70gs worth of drugs when he was murdered but he only had just gotten them prior to the murder. And when somebody close to JD went to pick up the drugs after he was murdered they had vanished. Implying whomever murdered him knew where he stashed the stuff and stole it.

Story is meant to have came from someone very close to JD. But as I said it's a story I am not aware whether it is true or not so if somebody knows more that contradicts that story fire away

I have also heard a similar story; except from someone who's close with the guy that ordered JD's murder. He is known for exaggerating and lying about what people owe him because he owes huge amounts of money to higher ups himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mucky_Tackies

begbysback wrote: »
    quantity young man, the other type of information which is qualitative is .

Quantative

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Is fishy The lad who was shot dead last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

NewMan1982 wrote: »
    Is fishy The lad who was shot dead last night?

Yes. Eoin Boylan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

Syndic wrote: »
    Yes. Eoin Boylan.

I was wondering if I’d missed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Yesterday on RTE Paul said 5 killed in this dispute while I had it at 4.

So he had confirmed the lad was dead before to news broke.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Does anybody have any insight on this coolock feud? As in the players involved and what its over? It might just be myself but it seems that only since this murder last night have all these murders been linked to this coolock feud and placed under the same umbrella as such. Where does flashy come into all of this now? His name was being thrown around alot by the media at the time in relation to the first 4 murders Parker, Little, 1 that cannot be named and Sanambar. But hasn't really been mentioned since yesterday the media have not given insight into where he stands in all of it now either. They dont seem to know themselves(nor have any insight into the feud really either). When the hitman, flashys current or former close associate, was targeted in the failed hit(by it seems the same gang behind last nights killing) the media back then didnt really have much info on where he comes into this nor even anything about his present relationship with the hitman. So has the media opinions changed on these murders now as in who was behind these murders or what? I'm probably missing something but it is also this feud being very messy. Like who are the gangs involved? Littles family and co are one gang say so who are the others? Or are they just targeting individuals? Was the failed hit on the notorious hitman also an attack on flashy? Theres not much mentioned about lasts night victim as to what level he would have been classed at say, or if he was a gang leader himself or he had people under him, who he worked for etc. Then there the mention of the link to drogheda nobody knows anything about that too. It's strange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Its not like the old days Gang A Gang B

Everything is very fluid and rapidly changing and volatile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Its not like the old days Gang A Gang B

Everything is very fluid and rapidly changing and volatile

Like Mexican diarrhoea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

BDI wrote: »
    It’s just a load of young lads in a power vacuum. There is no gangs. You can buy your drugs off whoever has them to sell. They are all too unpredictable and out of it to have gangs.

You get in a fight if somebody takes a disliking to you, if you say something you shouldn’t, go with a girl you shouldn’t, don’t pay your bills, give credit to a fella who can’t or won’t pay their bills.

Nobody gives a ****e, guns are readily available, people think bragging and making people jealous of you on Instagram is a smart move when all this goes on.

Garda will never solve it, it’s all too random. There seems to be a pattern with a few of them. House smashed up then killed a few days later. Sounds like they owe money or are fighting with a number of people.

Everything else is just sexing it up to sell papers. Most people get a year in a tdi or an Audi then spend 3 or 4 years out of five locked up. More money working in a factory when you add it up.

Most of these lads couldn’t manage that, too much discipline.

The Gardai know exactly who most of these vermin are and one night of targeted action by the Army could pretty much end drug dealing in this country.

It's just a bunch of dirty scobes disappearing overnight and the vast, crushing majority of the population would support it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

randomspud wrote: »
    The Gardai know exactly who most of these vermin are and one night of targeted action by the Army could pretty much end drug dealing in this country.

It's just a bunch of dirty scobes disappearing overnight and the vast, crushing majority of the population would support it.

but where would they buy their drugs from then ? the darkweb ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

mynamejeff wrote: »
    but where would they buy their drugs from then ? the darkweb ?

**** off to some other country if you want to use illegal drugs.

Implement a zero tolerance policy and simply execute dealers and lock users up for a 10 year minimum without possibly of parole.

You actually have to do something if you want to get results. Watch as crime rates for every single offense plummet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Jeff2

D.Wilmott wrote: »
    Was the Coolock shooting victim yesterday related to Noel/Lee Boylan?

No. Its likely Drogheda.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/4811937/eoin-boylan-dies-gangland-feud-coolock/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

BDI wrote: »
    It’s just a load of young lads in a power vacuum. There is no gangs. You can buy your drugs off whoever has them to sell. They are all too unpredictable and out of it to have gangs.

You get in a fight if somebody takes a disliking to you, if you say something you shouldn’t, go with a girl you shouldn’t, don’t pay your bills, give credit to a fella who can’t or won’t pay their bills.

Nobody gives a ****e, guns are readily available, people think bragging and making people jealous of you on Instagram is a smart move when all this goes on.

Garda will never solve it, it’s all too random. There seems to be a pattern with a few of them. House smashed up then killed a few days later. Sounds like they owe money or are fighting with a number of people.

Everything else is just sexing it up to sell papers. Most people get a year in a tdi or an Audi then spend 3 or 4 years out of five locked up. More money working in a factory when you add it up.

Most of these lads couldn’t manage that, too much discipline.

Good points...There is no real gangs its too sporadic and changes like the weather. Like the guy W Whelan got into a car last week with someone who he must have really trusted as he would have still being on edge and knew he was under threat...The result murdered by his own 'gang pals' and burnt out in the car. Pals today murder each other tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 281 ✭✭OmarLittle187

Jeff2 wrote: »
    No. Its likely Drogheda.

not related to people your referring to with same last name in Drogheda, I know that...but I dont know the link between the victim and the drogheda feud that the media is referee too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Good points...There is no real gangs its too sporadic and changes like the weather. Like the guy W Whelan got into a car last week with someone who he must have really trusted as he would have still being on edge and knew he was under threat...The result murdered by his own 'gang pals' and burnt out in the car. Pals today murder each other tomorrow

Why would any get involved in this **** I don't know. All the money in the world is no good if you are constantly looking over your shoulder. Even paranoid at your own mates nowadays it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Why would any get involved in this **** I don't know. All the money in the world is no good if you are constantly looking over your shoulder. Even paranoid at your own mates nowadays it seems.

Yes. Still there has never being a time where there's being so many people dealing in drugs throughout the country

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 1NilBud

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Little dragged up muppets who think they're gangsters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 1NilBud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Jeff2 wrote: »
    No. Its likely Drogheda.

not related to people your referring to with same last name in Drogheda, I know that...but I dont know the link between the victim and the drogheda feud that the media is referee too

I know one of the Drogheda lads moved to Coolock for a while last year to let things cool down, no idea if related. Also Rickie Carberry who was apparently supplying the Drogheda lads and shot last week was from Coolock, so there's definitely connection between the areas

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭White lighting

Hoboo wrote: »

I know one of the Drogheda lads moved to Coolock for a while last year to let things cool down, no idea if related. Also Rickie Carberry who was apparently supplying the Drogheda lads and shot last week was from Coolock, so there's definitely connection between the areas

Both ****holes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

AAGA4wn.img

Baked beans?
    If not its definitely spaghetti hoops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buster1972

So who are the Coolock brothers mentioned in the press?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

A bit of an off topic question. Any other countries in Western Europe similar to Ireland where gangland shootings resulting in killing are fairly common ?
    How do we compare - are we best in class ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

6541 wrote: »
    A bit of an off topic question. Any other countries in Western Europe similar to Ireland where gangland shootings resulting in killing are fairly common ?
    How do we compare - are we best in class ?

Do you consider 10 gang related killings in 11 months fairly common?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement