Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best vampire movies

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

True Blood was before Twilight.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Too late to mention the Twi****t saga? :)

In fairness, without it there'd be no True Blood, no Vampire Diaries, no Midnight Texas... (depending on what you think of those shows).

I don't think I've yet seen anyone argue that the Twilight films (or books) are in any way a high point of vampire fiction in recent times. The same is true for True Blood, for that matter.

Though if we're veering into tv show territory, I'd say that Aidan Turner's role as "Mitchell" in the original BBC version of Being Human was particularly good, and the friendship that develops between him and George was fleshed out very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

I watched about 5 minutes of Twilight and it was bad!!
    brevity wrote: »
    The vampires looked evil and were evil bastards too.

I don't mind those types of vampire films but I much prefer ones where you see it from the side of the vampire rather than a one dimensional evil character.

Like with Interview with the Vampire - they all hated being vampires! Louis didn't want to feed on people, Claudia was angry and frustrated as a child with the mind of a woman and Lestat was bored out of his mind. Also he was bitter too because when he 'made' Louis he said he was going to respect him and give him a choice as he didn't have the choice when he was made. I think those kind of vampire films are much more interesting.

Advertisement