Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Apprenticeship?

Options
  • 11-07-2019 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Just looking for some advice. I have being employed for the last 14 years with the same company (not well paid), am out on IB at the moment and let’s say it’s a case were you know enough is enough giving what I endured in last few years.

Anyway I came across the eir apprenticeship and said I would apply in the hope that this could be the change in direction that I need although my wife feels different about it seeing it as another labor number instead suggests why not use the time out to learn something that in the long run that will be possibly more rewarding.

Am 37 (almost 38) with two young kids and feel at a crossroads in my life, what to do maybe she has a good point because you only get one chance to try and find something that you are passionate about, but it’s all about having a better quality of life in the meantime whatever the occupation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

francie81 wrote: »
    Hi all

Just looking for some advice. I have being employed for the last 14 years with the same company (not well paid), am out on IB at the moment and let’s say it’s a case were you know enough is enough giving what I endured in last few years.

Anyway I came across the eir apprenticeship and said I would apply in the hope that this could be the change in direction that I need although my wife feels different about it seeing it as another labor number instead suggests why not use the time out to learn something that in the long run that will be possibly more rewarding.

Am 37 (almost 38) with two young kids and feel at a crossroads in my life, what to do maybe she has a good point because you only get one chance to try and find something that you are passionate about, but it’s all about having a better quality of life in the meantime whatever the occupation?

I am the same age as you and have been in the same position as you. Have spent most of my 30s studying degrees etc. My advice is to go for it. The apprenticeship EIR provide is only for two years and you will get a qualification out of it also. Your still young so the time to act is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jackdelaney93

Go for it your never too old to start to walk down a new road.

Im wondering could we keep this thread going for news/updates on our applications ?

I know the closing date hasn't come yet but just to confirm Ive done my aptitude test and heard nothing back as of yet.

Cork Based

I know the closing date hasn't come yet but just to confirm Ive done my aptitude test and heard nothing back as of yet.

Cork Based

Check your spam/junk folder. All there emails seem to be ending up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

francie81 wrote: »
    Hi all

I think it would be a good opportunity, better than doing a degree etc. It's a good paying job, better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Hi.
    Has anyone heard from them yet? I done my test nearly two weeks ago but heard nothing back other than a confirmation email that they received my test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Not since I did my online aptitude test which was easily 4-5 weeks ago.

Got an email today for a video interview. To be completed by Sunday.

Cork Based.

Got an email today for a video interview. To be completed by Sunday.

Cork Based.

Same

Done my video interview. Think it went okay. You can never really tell when your just sitting in front of a camera.

Early days but no update as of yet. Hopefully be hearing something within the next 2 weeks.

Cork based.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Tmdoherty

Done my video interview. Think it went okay. You can never really tell when your just sitting in front of a camera.

Early days but no update as of yet. Hopefully be hearing something within the next 2 weeks.

Cork based.

Same, waiting game now

• Advertisement

Reckon we'll know if we're called for the next phase within the next two weeks.

Reckon we'll know if we're called for the next phase within the next two weeks.

I wonder how many went for it and got the call for video interview.

Tmdoherty wrote: »
    I wonder how many went for it and got the call for video interview.

Few thousand I'd imagine.

Got the email today in my spam to attend assessment ðŸ‘ðŸ˜

Tmdoherty wrote: »
    Got the email today in my spam to attend assessment ðŸ‘ðŸ˜

Where is the assessment taking place?

Hydration wrote: »
    Where is the assessment taking place?

Portlaoise

Got an email today to attend assessment Center

Cork based.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭ClarkyTrd

Got the email for the group assessment & interview in Portlaoise, fingers crossed. 4th time applying!!

ClarkyTrd wrote: »
    Got the email for the group assessment & interview in Portlaoise, fingers crossed. 4th time applying!!

Did you get to this stage in your previous applications ?

Did you get to this stage in any previous applications ?

• Advertisement

What day you lads heading up. I picked the 27th. Get it over and done with.

Thursday 29th @ 12:30, anyone know what the dress code is, is it formal or??

Thursday 29th @ 12:30, anyone know what the dress code is, is it formal or??

I’m going suited and booted. First impressions and all that!

Yea picked the 27th as well in the morning.
    Going to suit up for it.

Anyone get an email back since sending their C.V to Eir?

Yeah I got one within a half hour just acknowledging I sent it.

Yeah also got an email within the hour acknowledging they’d received it.

Did you get to this stage in your previous applications ?
    Did you get to this stage in any previous applications ?
    Yeah I got one within a half hour just acknowledging I sent it.
    Yeah also got an email within the hour acknowledging they’d received it.

Wierd

Anyone been down for the group assessments & interviews yet?

Few tips would be great :D

• Advertisement

Had my assessment Tuesday.

All went well

Advertisement