Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Saint Margarets Golf Club

• 11-07-2019 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭ sweetswing

all last year the course was in great condition , its july now and the course is shabby at best , tee boxes are terrible , greens havent been good all year ,absolutely no reason for this as far as i can see .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭ billy3sheets

sweetswing wrote: »
    all last year the course was in great condition , its july now and the course is shabby at best , tee boxes are terrible , greens havent been good all year ,absolutely no reason for this as far as i can see .
    You've got to be kidding!
    I just played this evening and it's in fantastic condition. The fairways are like carpet. The tee boxes are fine. The greens have just been scarred and sanded which is a lot better than pole forking. Most or all of the bunkers have been resanded. The waterways have a much better flow of water than this time last year. I'm truly baffled by your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭ sweetswing

you musnt be used to golf courses in proper condition , theres not a flat tee box in the 18 ,and the greens havnt been 100 percent even once this year, i couldnt care about water flow since they took the water out from the last par three .
    im not the only one that sees it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fingal5

Hi guys
    Bit late to this but played St Mags the other day and really enjoyed it . Was looking at joining as a 5 day
    Member as 2 opens during week.
    Whats it like for playing during week, is it mental with societys? Is it very slow on comp days ?
    Thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ swededmonkey

I'm a 7 day member and don't get to play very often during the week until the summer months. Anytime I do, there's a always a decent crowd on the timesheet but you will always get a tee time in or around what you're looking for. The weekends are very different though!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭ billy3sheets

There's Monday & Wednesday 18-hole opens and a 9-hole open on Fridays. There's a seniors open on Tuesdays and a members 9-hole on Wed evenings too.

There would be a good few societies out although I'd guess they'd manage it so there's time for green-fees and members. There's also the odd corporate day where the course might be booked out all day, but only a small number of there per annum.

It's a big enough course which can handle a lot of games per week. Synergy golf run the place and you've seen yourself what condition it's in.

I'm a 7-day member so I can't comment too much on what the midweek comps are like as I've only played a few times. One of my buddies regularly plays in the Mon and Wed opens and I've never heard complaints from him about pace of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Fingal5

Cheers lads, thanks

Advertisement