Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saint Margarets Golf Club

Options
  • 11-07-2019 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

all last year the course was in great condition , its july now and the course is shabby at best , tee boxes are terrible , greens havent been good all year ,absolutely no reason for this as far as i can see .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

sweetswing wrote: »
    all last year the course was in great condition , its july now and the course is shabby at best , tee boxes are terrible , greens havent been good all year ,absolutely no reason for this as far as i can see .
    You've got to be kidding!
    I just played this evening and it's in fantastic condition. The fairways are like carpet. The tee boxes are fine. The greens have just been scarred and sanded which is a lot better than pole forking. Most or all of the bunkers have been resanded. The waterways have a much better flow of water than this time last year. I'm truly baffled by your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

you musnt be used to golf courses in proper condition , theres not a flat tee box in the 18 ,and the greens havnt been 100 percent even once this year, i couldnt care about water flow since they took the water out from the last par three .
    im not the only one that sees it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fingal5

Hi guys
    Bit late to this but played St Mags the other day and really enjoyed it . Was looking at joining as a 5 day
    Member as 2 opens during week.
    Whats it like for playing during week, is it mental with societys? Is it very slow on comp days ?
    Thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

I'm a 7 day member and don't get to play very often during the week until the summer months. Anytime I do, there's a always a decent crowd on the timesheet but you will always get a tee time in or around what you're looking for. The weekends are very different though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

There's Monday & Wednesday 18-hole opens and a 9-hole open on Fridays. There's a seniors open on Tuesdays and a members 9-hole on Wed evenings too.

There would be a good few societies out although I'd guess they'd manage it so there's time for green-fees and members. There's also the odd corporate day where the course might be booked out all day, but only a small number of there per annum.

It's a big enough course which can handle a lot of games per week. Synergy golf run the place and you've seen yourself what condition it's in.

I'm a 7-day member so I can't comment too much on what the midweek comps are like as I've only played a few times. One of my buddies regularly plays in the Mon and Wed opens and I've never heard complaints from him about pace of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Fingal5

Cheers lads, thanks

Advertisement