Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Blackspots from Cobble lock

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

deadduck wrote: »
    Once upon a time, it was a mix of red and charcoal blocks, but now it’s mostly just grey with a hint of red. In the rain, it has a bit more colour, but they look very tired.

There’s a quick photo of them after the light shower we just had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

deadduck wrote: »
    Once upon a time, it was a mix of red and charcoal blocks, but now it’s mostly just grey with a hint of red. In the rain, it has a bit more colour, but they look very tired.

I have very similar and looked into similar cobble lock sealer before, while it's supposed to be good it's mad money as linked and the cobble lock is pretty porous so a 25litre drum wouldn't go very far. I just resort to power washing mine once a year now and it generally holds up well apart from the odd weed that sprouts from the joints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

I have very similar and looked into similar cobble lock sealer before, while it's supposed to be good it's mad money as linked and the cobble lock is pretty porous so a 25litre drum wouldn't go very far. I just resort to power washing mine once a year now and it generally holds up well apart from the odd weed that sprouts from the joints.

Yeah, the stuff I linked to says it’ll do 3m2 per litre, and I’ve about 90m2 to cover, so yeah, a bit pricey. Might get the block magic to get the colour back in, but then use something like thomsons to do the sealing on top of it.

Advertisement