Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Beer Cans - The Latest Thing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Strangely enough I saw 220ml (I think)beer cans in Molloy's about 2 months ago. They were high alcohol % so I assume that's why they were smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I've no issue with cans - I've been on a few tours where they've all insisted it keeps better. I do have an irritation at the same price as 500ml bottle, although some (like Wicklow Wolf) have reduced their standard pricing to reflect that.

So far so good with my beercloud/ radical bottle orders in terms of breakages, but if this is going to be the new normal, I'd expect more breweries to move to 440ml cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

So just to be clear, there is no way of getting the 330ml cans of mainstream beers in an off licence? I know they have them on transport trolleys but apart from this is it craft beers or nothing if looking for the small can?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Who delivers for Radical Drinks? Might order some stuff but would like to know this first, cheers

Who delivers for Radical Drinks? Might order some stuff but would like to know this first, cheers
    Fastway - same as beercloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'd have no issue drinking the 330ml more regularly if the price reflected the reduced quantity of beer.

I'm a regular Wicklow Wolf drinker, but I admit I was a bit miffed when the 500ml bottles were replaced with smaller cans. Especially when the price didnt come down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

keano_afc wrote: »
    I'm a regular Wicklow Wolf drinker, but I admit I was a bit miffed when the 500ml bottles were replaced with smaller cans. Especially when the price didnt come down.

It definitely puts me off. I don't mind a jump from 500ml bottle to 440ml cans so much, but there's a big difference if it goes down to 330ml cans and there's no price change.

It did though - they went 3 for €9 as their standard pricing, as far as I'm aware? Best I could get was 3 for €10 when they were bottles.

I've more of an issue of them going 330ml bottles in pubs, although that's moot now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Macy0161 wrote: »
    It did though - they went 3 for €9 as their standard pricing, as far as I'm aware? Best I could get was 3 for €10 when they were bottles.

I've more of an issue of them going 330ml bottles in pubs, although that's moot now!

My local Super Valu regularly had the 500ml bottles on at 3 for €9. Admittedly it was the regular beers like Sorachi Red and Elevation, but still a great bargain.

My local Super Valu regularly had the 500ml bottles on at 3 for €9. Admittedly it was the regular beers like Sorachi Red and Elevation, but still a great bargain.
    On offer though - the 3 for €9 is what they say is the standard pricing now. Although it's 2 for 6 in my centra, so I'm forced to buy four at a time...

Anyway, the apex is a step up from their perleporter imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

So just to be clear, there is no way of getting the 330ml cans of mainstream beers in an off licence?
    You could ask a small offie if they could get them, you could be paying a fortune for them. What beer do you actually want?

I can see heineken NA cans here
    https://nutsaboutwine.ie/shop/heineken-0-0-non-alcoholic-6-x-330ml-e6-00/

amazon have pint cans of heineken
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heineken-Premium-Lager-Beer-568ml/dp/B087CBR2BJ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=heineken+cans&qid=1589878150&sr=8-1
    I am pretty sure I saw 330ml there before, but then there is the risk of duty and I am pretty sure they were expensive, but some people are no bothered by that.

SHows as not available
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heineken-Lager-Can-330ml-Cans/dp/B0162T22MQ

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

We get the 330ml Heinekens in the north.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/255218744

As you say, you can get them on the likes of Irish Rail so there must be some wholesaler in the country who stocks them. Can't imagine they will be good value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Fastway - same as beercloud.
    Beercloud swapped to dpd after complaints about fastway

caff wrote: »
    Beercloud swapped to dpd after complaints about fastway
    This weeks beercloud order just arrived via fastway to here (wife's restock of Coast Road, not the craic festival box!).

Advertisement