Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not to mention the stuff he did outside of the ring esp during his marriage to Paige/Saraya

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it pretty much confirmed my dislike for him.

But when he was in WWE they kept pushing him and giving him titles but I just never liked him. And I don't just mean in a heel way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭ThePott

According to a few sources including PWInsider.

WWE had a meeting with Warner Bros. Discovery about potentially moving Raw into the WBD fold.

That could be an absolute disaster for AEW if it happens. Even if WWE don't end up going to WBD, it reads like a statement by WB that they have other options for wrestling and could be used to pressure Tony into a smaller deal that he's expecting.

Regardless of your interest in AEW, them having to get a new TV deal elsewhere could be a disaster and from a pure competition standpoint and for a healthy marketplace for talent it would be a bad thing indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

All is fair in love and war. A year and a half ago AEW were celebrating beating NXT as some major blow.

If Tony has an unsustainable model that is his problem. He's overpaying more than a fair number of his roster, who aren't landing a blow across 3 shows + whatever he's trying to do with RoH.

Oh I completely agree, I'm not shading WWE by any means, only saying that not having a decent size competitor would be a shame regardless.

AEW have most certainly fallen into some bad habits lately and it WB is looking elsewhere for a wrestling product, Tony has nobody to blame but himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The 9 major Japanese promotions have joined together to help keep and promote Japanese wrestling culture.

United Japan Pro-Wrestling

They will be holding an event in May with all the companies involved.

NJPW

AJPW

NOAH

DDT

STARDOM

Tokyo Joshi

DRAGONGATE

Big Japan Pro Wrestling

Ganbare Pro Wrestling

This is great news for Japanese wrestling.

WBD has signed a new wrestling company.

Move over AEW & WWE

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thats a pity since he's only back after another injury last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Liv Morgan was arrested yesterday for the possession of marijuana and synthetic cannabinoid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So much for the wellness policy.

On that subject actually, since pot is legal in certain states in America, does or even can wwe test for it anymore?

It's legal in florida if you have a license. It's totally legal in California. So if someone tested positive for pot, I guess they could say well I smoked that in X state.

In any case Liv made the mistake of carrying pot in a legal state ha.

I assume they can still test and punish for it. It's like how alcohol is legal but still wouldn't want them coming in drunk.

Driving while stoned she deserves everything she gets just like a drunk driver.

Looks very glazed but it’s a better mug shot than most.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Did the wellness policy ever include cannabis/marijuana? I don't think it did other than a cursory "don't get caught by the Cops with it" ala Sabu and RVD when he was briefly WWE champ back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don’t think it’s on the list anymore as a wellness violation. I remember reading that said it had been removed.

Yeah I don't believe weed is a wellness violation anymore. For God sake let them smoke if they want to, better than the days of pills and coke.

Most reports are saying it's not going to impact her status in the company. I know she was pulled over for crossing over a line, not sure how severely she was under the influence, not that it's any excuse.

Definitely one of the best looking mugshots I've ever seen though.

Off topic but I remember when the girls from Vampire Diaries got arrested and their mugshots were like they were doing a photoshoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Missed a trick by not smiling. Would've made a mint on t-shirts.

A great gesture by the WWE they have put Bray Wyatt on a Legends contract and all monies will go to his children

• Advertisement

Fightful saying Charlotte Flair has signed a historic record breaking deal with the WWE which will include a tour bus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No point really. No-one would believe that she'd want to join the rubbish skip that is Tony's women's division.

Post edited by J. Marston on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She'll retire shortly I reckon. Then do a Trish/Lita and come back for one offs and maybe another run when her family is further on. No doubt she'll still keep fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Becky is a top star in WWE, the top stars are generally well cared for by the company so they have no reason to move. Unless Becky did something scandalous that got her fired or got her into serious dispute with the company then there is absolutely no reason for her to even consider moving to another company, especially at this point in her career.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So is MJF just trolling us and has in fact quietly resigned with AEW ?

him signing with WWE would be 'good for business'

Don't believe it for a second.

There was a report out not long ago that he signed until 2027 and that would line up with him signing a five year extension during the whole Wardlow thing. There's also the fact that this whole story about 'the bidding war of 2024' is dumb and does nothing to elevate AEW, it's probably why it hasn't been said on TV in a long while.

If there is the possiblity they have put this guy as champion and had him go over lots of his roster and then leave, that is incredibly dumb by Khan. I think he's signed long ago.

Matt Riddle will face Jacob Fatu in MLW's Kings Of Colosseum PPV on January 6th in the ECW arena in Philly.

The racist Hulk Hogan is born again after getting baptzid today and is now a follower of Jesus Christ, Brother.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

Warner Bros Discovery in talks with Paramount to merge that could put all talks with wrestling companies on hold.

Advertisement