Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The year is 1991.....

Options
13»

Comments

Tails142 wrote: »
    My first car was a 91 Rover Metro 1.4 litre. Front suspension was a hydrogas setup instead of an anti roll bar.................

It was instead of the coil springs :)
    It was also front and rear. The front and rear units were linked on each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Yakuza wrote: »
    Same, my (then) boss let me borrow hers for a day to wow the girlfriend. It was a 1.8 rocket (standard was 1.6 back in the day). I had a 1.4 Clio then, which was no slouch (tiny body, so went like the clappers with just me in it).

I also had a thing for the JDM Honda CRX, but my insurance company laughed at me.

Pedant but they were a 1.5. My now missus had one, I had a 1.9 80 couldn't wait to drive her car. God knows how fast the 1.8 were

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Morris Ital

watch out for the dangerous manoeuvres !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkoEQeJu7x8

Scrap that (the car as well) - sorry wrong decade but hey who could miss that dodgy ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Pedant but they were a 1.5. My now missus had one, I had a 1.9 80 couldn't wait to drive her car. God knows how fast the 1.8 were

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yakuza wrote: »

Iirc the 1.5 was a Japanese import.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

I must be wrong so Yakuza, I was 100% until you posted that. Wouldn't have said it was an import, she bought it second-hand,but not so sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

In 1991 I was in college but working weekends in a bar and the cheapest decent car I could find was a 1980 Renault 4 with 80k miles on it. 850cc's of throbbing power and the impact resistance of a wet chip bag. My first insurance quote at the time was £2,600 and the car cost £600. I ended up getting my mother to insure it and drove it as a named driver for three years. Good times.

Advertisement