Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queues at the airport for 6am flights this time of year

Options
  • 03-07-2019 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭

Heading off tomorrow morning. I know its variable, but is T2 particularly long queue-wise for EU flights?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its peak travel time for business flights
    Get there early and have breakfast inside

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Allow at least 90 but ideally about 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I arrived at airport last Friday around 0450 and had no issues

maybe 10 minutes at security

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Heading off tomorrow morning. I know its variable, but is T2 particularly long queue-wise for EU flights?

For a given terminal, your destination has no effect on queuing time.

At that time of the morning, all of the security lanes will be open and a significant number of passengers will be business folk who know what not to carry on their person through the body scanner and they know the rule about liquids so my experience is that the lines move very quickly and you won't have a problem. Get to the terminal an hour before your departure time and you'll be fine - probably have time for a coffee after security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭trellheim

for a 6AM departure it is JUST prior to peak so if you roll through at 0430 you should breeze through ... even 20-30 minutes later and a circus descends.

T2 mans all their lanes , T1 does not. nobody here knows why

Advertisement