Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alternative long term parking in Dublin Airport

Options
  • 03-07-2019 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We are heading on a trip for a week or so. Normally we book quikpark but it is booked out for the week. It is the same for the Express green (86e) and Holiday Blue (74e) parking in the Aiport itself. Only the Terminal 1 +2 short terms and terminal terminal 2 normal parking is left at prices of are left at a prices of 134e, 134e and 148e respectively. This would be outside our price range.

The Clayton Hotel park and fly would be 60e, but this too is sold out.

Does anyone know of similar services that we could use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Have you checked?
    https://www.parkvia.com/en-IE/airport-parking/dublin
    that searches all the hotels that offer parking. 5 or 6 of them i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

I've been trying to book a spot for next week....sold out..madness.

Looks like a taxi so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Your alternatives if you can't get/want to pay is get buses or taxis. Which depending on where you are travelling from might not be a saving but will still get you there.
    The longer you leave it the more the parking options will be gone. Id go with the €74 or just pay for the higher amount and sacrifice something on the holiday out of the spending budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Have you checked?
    https://www.parkvia.com/en-IE/airport-parking/dublin
    that searches all the hotels that offer parking. 5 or 6 of them i think.

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately, it looks like every parking option that they have for Dublin Airport is booked out :-(

484268.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

GBX wrote: »
    Your alternatives if you can't get/want to pay is get buses or taxis. Which depending on where you are travelling from might not be a saving but will still get you there.
    The longer you leave it the more the parking options will be gone. Id go with the €74 or just pay for the higher amount and sacrifice something on the holiday out of the spending budget.

I understand that we can get a bus to the airport, but due to time limitations would rather not. Unfortunately there is no €74 option available that I am aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

You could park at a hotel further from the airport and get the airport/747 from there? Clayton Leoparsdown is the starting point for one of the Aircoach routes but I'm sure you'd get something closer.

Alternatively, does the shopping centre in Swords have a long-term rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Although the on-line bookings indicate that the car parks are full, they will not turn you away if you arrive unbooked. They squeeze hundreds of extra cars into the car parks by using the grass verges and footpaths (particularly in the Red).

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

Although the on-line bookings indicate that the car parks are full, they will not turn you away if you arrive unbooked. They squeeze hundreds of extra cars into the car parks by using the grass verges and footpaths (particularly in the Red).

quickpark was jammed this week, they had signs up saying pre booked only.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

patrickc wrote: »
    quickpark was jammed this week, they had signs up saying pre booked only.
    They have much less space.

DAA have much more (normally unutilised) space and I've never seen any signs up when they were 'full'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Yes I've seen Quickpark turning away (rather panicked looking) people before, when I had prebooked. Holiday Blue you'll probably be ok with though, thats always the last one to fill as its the furthest away (despite being only 5 minutes further, if that).

This is why I now prefer Cork airport, where the Long Term parking is closer to the terminal than the Short Term, and only a one minute walk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Surely you could park in the Drumcondra / Whitehall / Santry area (not outside someone's house) and take a bus up to the airport. It would be perfectly fine there. Possibly drop the family to the airport first. Even if it was early morning you could hop a taxi up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

have you tried https://expresspark.ie/ its up near the big retail park on the swords rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thalestris

jjbrien wrote: »
    have you tried its up near the big retail park on the swords rd

Created an account just to comment on this, I used them last week and I would not recommend them to anyone. They don't reply to emails at all, you have to call them for everything. But worse than that, my car was returned completely covered in all sorts of nastiness, even though it was sparkling clean when I delivered it to them. Called them up about the state of my car when they brought it back and they said 'we didn't realise it was parked under a tree until we brought it back to you'.. then offered me a discount for the next time I'd use them which I refused so they offered a partial refund instead but have not heard from them anymore since. Not worth the insane amount of money they charge!

Advertisement