Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental being taken over by management company

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭dennyk

fungie wrote: »
    The senior person sends me a form to register with them. This form says I have to give them our PPS numbers, salary certs, bank statements, employer details, car registration, etc. None of which we had to supply when signing the lease with the landlord.

Asking for your PPS number is valid and reasonable, as they'll need it to register the tenancy with the RTB. Asking for your car registration may be valid if you park in a private car park or garage and they track which vehicles are allowed to park there and/or issue parking passes (and I can't think why they'd want that information otherwise or what they could possibly do with it that would be an issue for you, so it's probably best just to give it to them unless you fancy having your car clamped or towed at some point).

They have no valid reason to ask for the rest of that information and you are under no obligation to provide it. It's likely they've just given you their generic "new tenant" paperwork to fill out because they don't have any other form handy, though, and they may not actually be expecting all of that documentation from you since you're an existing tenant in situ. Just decline to supply the rest of those items and stick to filling out your basic contact info and PPS number and car reg on the form and get it back to them in good time; that should be sufficient.

Advertisement