Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deemed disposal and non EEA ETF's

• 30-06-2019 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking of investing in one for the ETF's that track the S&P 500 which Degiro has such as HHH which is free to trade once a month however the taxation of ETF's here is cruel at 41% vs CGT for stocks and have the deemed disposal rule also, though for piece of mind maybe its worthwhile anyhow.
    I did notice that on a 5 year time scale all the ETF's that track the US market (such as the S&P 500 , dividend aristocrats, Russel 3000 etc) significantly outperform the US version of the symbol for reasons I'm not really understanding but would make the tax rate a bit easier to swallow if that continues (anyone know why this is? - dividends reinvested automatically rather than paid perhaps?)

484018.jpg

Non EEA ETF's are subject to CGT or deemed disposal, though but I haven't seen any on the Degiro free list. Does anyone know of ones like HHH which track the US market and can be purchased on Degiro?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

Advertisement