Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Adventure Bike?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not strictly speaking an adventure bike but similar form factor (and road bias), but why not consider the Yamaha MT-09 Tracer? I had a GS12 for 10 years (which I loved),, but after living with the MT-09 for just a year, I much prefer it. Only downside is no shaft/belt, so back to maintaining the chain. Super performance, not bad spec, really comfortable, and have sold well, so good 2nd hand prices, parts, support etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

Not strictly speaking an adventure bike but similar form factor (and road bias), but why not consider the Yamaha MT-09 Tracer? I had a GS12 for 10 years (which I loved),, but after living with the MT-09 for just a year, I much prefer it. Only downside is no shaft/belt, so back to maintaining the chain. Super performance, not bad spec, really comfortable, and have sold well, so good 2nd hand prices, parts, support etc.

I have thought about this bike alright. The first fazer really was bulletproof, and these are not a bad looking bike either. Have you done much two-up riding on it? If so how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Wings exhaust is the mutts nuts for the price. Great sound and top quality workmanship - simple to fit and comes with two dB killers. The best (and possibly only?) place to buy is directly from Wings - I ordered on a Monday and had it fitted the following weekend.

I found the stock seat uncomfortable after an hour but I can tour all day on the Powerparts seat. Given the chance I'd probably spend the extra on a Touratech seat just for the build quality - the KTM one is a bit average.

You didn't ask me but I have an 1190 ADV with Wings and Powerparts seat so I'll throw in my tuppence!

Few of the vloggers I follow in the UK have an SP Engineering can on the KTM, and it sounds very well and only costs £270 sterling. Fuel exhausts also look and sound well. The Akrapovic looks well but sounds exactly like the stock exhaust and thats a grand!!!

Emailed that dude in charge of europe for a price see whats what.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Few of the vloggers I follow in the UK have an SP Engineering can on the KTM,

Those SP Engineering cans don't look a patch on the quality of the Wings - you get what you pay for I guess. Akra stuff is overpriced for what you get at this stage they aren't worth the money IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭ratracer

Thanks for all the comments/ opinions folks! I’ve gone with the Triumph Explorer in the end, hope to pick it up before the weekend!

• Advertisement

Well wear..pics when you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

How do you find the Wings exhaust? And where did you purchase it from?

Also do you find the powerparts seat over the stock worth the investment?

The stock seat on the 1290s is bollocks, I was wrote off after a couple of hours up on it.

The touratech driride seat is worth every penny. Like sitting in an armchair once more.

The stock seat on the 1290s is bollocks, I was wrote off after a couple of hours up on it.

The touratech driride seat is worth every penny. Like sitting in an armchair once more.

I dont find it bad at all but the most I have been on it is 2hrs.....got a link to the one you got grumpy?

Priority for me is a larger screen to protect my satalite dish noggin....getting bad buffeting.

I dont find it bad at all but the most I have been on it is 2hrs.....got a link to the one you got grumpy?

Priority for me is a larger screen to protect my satalite dish noggin....getting bad buffeting.

https://shop.touratech.ie/comfort-seat-one-piece-driride-for-ktm-1050-adventure-1090-adventure-1290-super-adventure-1190-adventure-r-breathable-standard.html

Wedge of cash, but fits like a glove on the s and even has the wee ridge to screw your alarm contact to if you have the ktm alarm. Touratech stuff is top notch.

Jesus H Christ you really do love your arse m8!!!

Thanx for the link. I do have the KTM Meta alarm but I will see what price the powerparts full seat is, that is a fair chuck for a seat alright.

BTW, is this one of these send your seat to them and they recover it and send it back.....I hate that scenario TBH.

• Advertisement

Jesus H Christ you really do love your arse m8!!!

Thanx for the link. I do have the KTM Meta alarm but I will see what price the powerparts full seat is, that is a fair chuck for a seat alright.

BTW, is this one of these send your seat to them and they recover it and send it back.....I hate that scenario TBH.

My hole is my best asset I'll have ye know.

Bear in mind it's the complete seat, one piece front and back, the powerparts seats are priced separate front and back (140 sterling each from mccallens). The powerparts heated one piece seat is over 400 sterling! -- they're all generall hand made and hand covered so that's the annoying bit.

And it's a completely new seat, whip the old passenger/front seat off, stick this on the same way and you're off.

Personally I wouldn't go near KTM for seats, if they ****ed the stock seat up that badly they don't get a second chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

My stock seat would saw it's way up your arse in ten minutes of riding so sent it these lads who were recommended to me
    http://www.motorbike-seats.co.uk
    £160 odd quid got me this back
    seat.jpg
    They stripped back to the base, built it up with new foam layers of different densities and a flush fitted rider gel insert. It's as good as as a seat this shape can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Looks good, and seems reasonably priced. Was it a long turnaround?

Advertisement