Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amplified buskers

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭gerogerigegege

they think theyre going be be picked up by lou walsh. pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Leprechaun missing today guy busking in his spot,i see a guy on tiktiok from limerick gets grief as has sexual assault conviction saw him busking in cork before.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Post edited by Ozvaldo on

Leprechaun had 2 more with him today and he dancing while they played,cork beo did an article on him during the week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Corkbeo would have to.

Haven't been into town so far today but yesterday was peak busker. Tone deaf young ones murdering Hallelujah et al everywhere plus the usual suspects.

• Advertisement

The leprechauns are back at their usual spot.

That folk group with the drum machine and giant tricolour still at it. They seem to never take a break. Do people actually like what they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Well, I guess if it didn't pay, they wouldn't do it. Handy tax free income, I guess. I could be wrong, though, and these people are actually declaring their income to revenue and any other applicable agency 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

I have not seen leprechaun. Is he making any money by the looks of things?

He was very active up to the last fortnight but the bad weather has probably put him off.

Young fella singing karaoke on Patrick's Street today with 2 bass units with tower speakers! The volume was ridiculous. It's just going to get worse and worse as people try to outcompete each other for volume.

We need an enforced volume limit!

• Advertisement

Leprechauns in their usual spot and extremely loud ballad group now outside Savoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Usual Irish state of affairs, bring in regulations and they get ignored by all and sundry anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Are there any people about preaching the gospel?

Not seen many lately.

Most preachers aren't any way near as loud as certain buskers.

There are ouitside tw murrays every saturday at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Ozvaldo

Back in Cork for a few days those fcukin leprechauns out every day in the p1ssing rain annoying everyone with their sh1te surely something should be done to get them off the streets.Also noticed woman with the dog made of sand has finally disappeared she was here last time I was down

At least that meadmelt screaming preacher woman outside the Library on Saturdays seems to have gone on hiatus.

Post edited by Hangdogroad on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Someone's gonna take the law into their own hands one day.

Patrick Street will be soaked in leprechaun blood.

That woman with the dog made of sand is still around normally near the back of Penney's.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Meursault

I see a few new "artists" have joined the other bluffers during Christmas.

There was a fella doing his best interpretation of Fred Durst over by Gentleman's Quarters. I see the universally popular leprechauns are back, as are that stupid trad band.

I see there are also a few wannabe Kirk Hammetts "soloing" away on electric guitars also.

Honestly, every 50 metres is like a cringefest with these f**kers. I dont know how the shop owners are putting up with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

Yikes it’s a bloody racket in Cork these days.

Why on earth isn’t it managed like other cities where you need a licence to play in public. I saw there was a draft by-law last year but it was the weakest most lily-livered piece of crap written. Did it pass?. 20 quid and you can use an amp between 10am and 10pm. Ffs like. How does that make any difference?

Look at most other cities. Apply, do an audition , max 30 mins in any designated spot and have scheduled times. No amps allowed and volume is measured. It’s a real joy in Cologne, Vienna, swiss cities. Good quality, non deafening street performances. Cork is like a bunch of drunk toddlers let loose with cymbals. Yet another reason we don’t have a living city with residents on our main streets.

The cold weather has made the streets lovely and peaceful - no buskers!

What's sad is that I used to love seeing buskers around the city, but that was before they all got amplification and before all these karaoke singers.

Grand Parade screaming preacher woman is back 🙁

There's a fella lately on Oliver Plunket St playing the spoons. Of course its not enough to just do that, he has to do it to a backing of shyte 90s dance pop like Rednex Cotton Eyed Joe and a dance version of The Boys Won't Leave The Girls Alone. Amplified to deafening levels of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭notAMember

Absolutely love how other cites handle this issue. I arrived at a Bahnhof in Germany, was changing to the next train. saw a lad who had set up an amp and start reading out some bible stuff. Locals and passers by looked annoyed.

By the time my next train left the station (9 minutes), the police had arrived, told the guy to knock it off and appeared to be writing up a fine.

Peace and harmony restored

Advertisement