Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee Intake

Options
  • 20-06-2019 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

morning guys
    i am worried about my coffee intake for the last year , i am having about 8 cups of coffee a day , i was wondering is there any tips or tricks to stop my addiction or any meds from the doctor ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

What kind of coffee home/work filter? Coffee shop? Do you take sugar with them? First thing might be restrict time , some people need several hours to get it out of their system or it can affect sleep. Would say having last cup at 3pm be a challenge?
    Maybe after lunch switch to caffeine free or even instant, make it less appealing. Switch in tea , green teas , fruit teas so you are drinking less coffee overall, drink more water, have a pint glass to hand.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

This might sound like a smart arse answer but it's not meant to. I don't think you should be going to a GP because you drink to much coffee. You should just drink less coffee. Try to cut it down to 6 and then four, by increasing the amount of time between coffees. Alternatively only have half cups of what you are currently drinking and fill up with hot water, out still tee, or decaf etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mia2013

Half cups is great suggesion. It worked for me. Also alternating between smaller portions and decf and eventually extending time between coffee will help you greatly.

Advertisement