Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

World cup tickets (any)

• 19-06-2019 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ jimmurt

I'll be in Japan in October for work and wanted to see a few games (not necessarily Ireland). I'm a casual enough supporter so just wanted to see a couple of games, ideally with one of the bigger teams playing (top 8 in world something like that).

Been looking online and the cheapest tickets I can see are €300 plus!

Is this normal? Even for the smaller group games. Is there anywhere I could source tickets for less than €150?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ PMC83

jimmurt wrote: »
    I'll be in Japan in October for work and wanted to see a few games (not necessarily Ireland). I'm a casual enough supporter so just wanted to see a couple of games, ideally with one of the bigger teams playing (top 8 in world something like that).

Been looking online and the cheapest tickets I can see are €300 plus!

Is this normal? Even for the smaller group games. Is there anywhere I could source tickets for less than €150?

Any of the top 8 or so will cost you a few quid. Particularity your tier 1 nations who will have large travelling support. I'd be looking at GEORGIA V FIJI, NAMIBIA V CANADA, USA V TONGA -I'd imagine you would get tickets for matches like these at a reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ jimmurt

PMC83 wrote: »
    Any of the top 8 or so will cost you a few quid. Particularity your tier 1 nations who will have large travelling support. I'd be looking at GEORGIA V FIJI, NAMIBIA V CANADA, USA V TONGA -I'd imagine you would get tickets for matches like these at a reasonable price

Thanks I found some of the latter group stage games a little cheaper. Less than €150 anyway. I can only go to games in one of the 3 stadiums in or near Tokyo.

Hopefully can confirm dates now and get one or two games in.

Advertisement