Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World cup tickets (any)

• 19-06-2019 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I'll be in Japan in October for work and wanted to see a few games (not necessarily Ireland). I'm a casual enough supporter so just wanted to see a couple of games, ideally with one of the bigger teams playing (top 8 in world something like that).

Been looking online and the cheapest tickets I can see are €300 plus!

Is this normal? Even for the smaller group games. Is there anywhere I could source tickets for less than €150?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭PMC83

jimmurt wrote: »
    I'll be in Japan in October for work and wanted to see a few games (not necessarily Ireland). I'm a casual enough supporter so just wanted to see a couple of games, ideally with one of the bigger teams playing (top 8 in world something like that).

Been looking online and the cheapest tickets I can see are €300 plus!

Is this normal? Even for the smaller group games. Is there anywhere I could source tickets for less than €150?

Any of the top 8 or so will cost you a few quid. Particularity your tier 1 nations who will have large travelling support. I'd be looking at GEORGIA V FIJI, NAMIBIA V CANADA, USA V TONGA -I'd imagine you would get tickets for matches like these at a reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

PMC83 wrote: »
    Any of the top 8 or so will cost you a few quid. Particularity your tier 1 nations who will have large travelling support. I'd be looking at GEORGIA V FIJI, NAMIBIA V CANADA, USA V TONGA -I'd imagine you would get tickets for matches like these at a reasonable price

Thanks I found some of the latter group stage games a little cheaper. Less than €150 anyway. I can only go to games in one of the 3 stadiums in or near Tokyo.

Hopefully can confirm dates now and get one or two games in.

Advertisement