Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know what yesterday was?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Of course you don't, because why would you? You just wheel the bin out and wheel it back into your driveway a lot easier about nine hours later. Why is it a lot easier to wheel back in? Because it's been emptied, it's lighter. Your pizza boxes, empty cans of 7up and old tampons have vanished, as if by magic, but it's not magic.

It's because in most countries there's these people called BIN MEN and these BIN MEN empty it for you, once a week. We treat them like they're invisible, but where would we be without them? They are the unsung heroes of every society, and yet we couldn't even remember their day, could we? There's one day a year dedicated to these soldiers - and it was yesterday. Yep. June 17 is National Garbage Man day. Where's their thread? Oh that's right, they aren't nurses, so they don't get a thread. In fact let's cut their wages. Why not? They're not even people. They're lads who cut class to smoke reefer. Now look at them.

Here is their thread. Here is their moment.

https://www.garbagemanday.org/

At least separate your rubbish. Pizza boxes in paper bin, 7up cans in plastic/metal bin, tampons in the green bin. Everything doesn't need to go the dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I am reading this on Wed, so does 'yesterday' still mean Mon?

I am getting old, so I remember when the council collected the rubbish.... Every week... And we called them 'dustbin men'. Now we pay a private firm, they come every 2 weeks, and its rubbish ... And they dont come down my road. I have to bring 2 wheelie bins 100m up the road to the main junction.... And it is 'up' as its 100m uphill. I used to get kids to sit in boot of car and hold a bin while i drove.... We were like rednecks!!

I gave up.....

I bring my sorted bagged rubbish directly to the recycling depot on the way to work and pay by the bag..... That will show 'em!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

That was like the binman one Christmas who went in to a house to see if he would get a Christmas tip. The woman of the house dragged him to bed and rode him to within an inch of his life. He went out and told his buddy, who went in and she rode him like a cowgirl taking a stallion to Rio Grande. He came out and told the driver, who went in and she gave him a crisp €5 note.

He stood there trying to think how to phrase the fact his buddies got sex and he didn't, but all he could manage was "Is that it?" so she said "Well, my husband said to give the driver a fiver..... and **** the rest of 'em".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Why don’t they take our Politicians Away ?

If we are going to have days celebrating people merely showing up to do the job they were hired - and are being paid - to do then we are going to need more days in the year.

Lets double the year length. Then I could be 20 instead of 40 and I can celebrate my 21st since I did not bother the first time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Who can take your trash out?
    Stomp it down for you?
    Shake the plastic bag and do the twisty thingy too?
    THE GARBAGE MAN!!
    Oh the Garbage Man can
    The Garbage Man can and he does it with a smile and never judges you.
    Who can take this diaper?
    I don't mind at all
    Who can clean me up before the big policeman's ball?
    THE GARBAGE MAN
    yes the garbage man can
    The sanitation folks are jolly friendly blokes courteous
    and easy going they mop up when your over flowing and tell you when
    your arse is showing
    Who can.....
    Who can.....
    Who can.....
    Who can.....
    THE GARBAGE MAN CAN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭circadian

OP is a binman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Greyfox

It's because in most countries there's these people called BIN MEN and these BIN MEN empty it for you, once a week. We treat them like they're invisible, but where would we be without them?

Who cares, we pay good money for them to do there job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

They get paid to do the job what's the point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Pretty much 100% of "Bin Persons" are men, where is the feminist back lash ??
    hmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Pissartist wrote: »
    They get paid to do the job what's the point ?

So do beekeepers but you'll be telling me August 12 shouldn't be National Beekeepers Day next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

circadian wrote: »
    OP is a binman.

Thanks for the kind words but unfortunately I'm not. I'm glad I'm not too. I'm not sure I'd handle the thanklessness of it too well.

I'm glad I'm not too. I'm not sure I'd handle the thanklessness of it too well.

Do you work in a career that garners a lot of gratitude? I struggle to think of many myself. Certainly none of the careers I have worked in have brought many thanks my way.
    So do beekeepers but you'll be telling me August 12 shouldn't be National Beekeepers Day next.

Actually I am making moves at the moment to start keeping bees. For absolutely no pay at all. Done some courses - started laying down the equipment. Looking forward to it.

Not sure I require that anyone celebrate me for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Do I know what yesterday was? Yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Smelly feckers

Advertisement