Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes internet radio

Options
  • 17-06-2019 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,
    I've recently bought a 162 E220 d. The car itself is fine and lives up to my expectations.
    However there is a problem when I try to connect to the Mercedes Apps and internet radio. The operational procedure is to pair your phone to the car on Bluetooth, then Tethering to your phones network/internet.
    The Merc. dealer tells me it doesnt work. The MDL Techi people suggest trying a different network which I did. But it didn't work either.

Has anyone managed to get their Merc's connected to the internet, Im using Virgin Mobile and I've tried Vodafone. The phones I tries were Android.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Has it got Android Auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jemser33

No Android Auto or Apple Auto. Its uses Bluetooth to mobile only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭kirving

I've got this to work on a 132 E-Class. Its a bit cumbersome, but does work. Your 162 would be a new system.

On Android, you go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Hotspot and Tethering > Bluetooth Tethering.

Advertisement