Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Echo Dot ~ €16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

I've had no luck here with chat. Keeps saying service not available. Chat are no help either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

djdunny wrote: »
    To sign up for the UK version of Amazon music do you need to have a UK payment card added to your account?

Yes. Mine didnt go through complaining about country of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

finally figured this out. On desktop site go to amazon.co.uk, go to accounts and lists, select amazon music, go to settings and scroll to bottom where it says your amazon music region. Change this to uk and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Did anyone get their dot yet? Or been dispatched?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

toby2111 wrote:
    Did anyone get their dot yet? Or been dispatched?

Yes it's dispatched to my Irish address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I purchased the family subscription and cancelled the free trial yesterday morning. How long did you have to wait to get your code sent to you?

dercunx wrote: »
    I purchased the family subscription and cancelled the free trial yesterday morning. How long did you have to wait to get your code sent to you?
    Just use the code that Roberto gas posted on page one....its the same code for everyone.I just placed my order!

EDIT: - Went to chat and they cancelled the trial....i paid for plan...and i will get code in 7 days in email....I already know the code UBDMZ9E29DMK...so will try in 2-3 days to order the dot once its activated ! Great bargain to get dot for 17 euros !

toby2111 wrote:
    Just use the code that Roberto gas posted on page one....its the same code for everyone.I just placed my order!

Thanks, this worked for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

toby2111 wrote: »

Didn't work for me. Do I need to cancel the free trial first?

I cancelled the free trial then paid for subscription for a month.

• Advertisement

Yes thru chat..then opt for paid subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Signed up on Fri, got trial cancelled and paid up. Code not working so got on to chat today to discover revolut had reverted the payment and the echo deal ended this morning so they won't entertain me. :-(

Got my echo dot today !!

Got my echo dot today !!

I ordered Sunday, still no dispatch email from amazon....

toby2111 wrote:
    I ordered Sunday, still no dispatch email from amazon....

I ordered Sunday, arriving tomorrow!

I ordered Sunday, arriving tomorrow!

Strange. I'll get onto live chat so and chase it up.

Gen 3 dot is Savage in terms of sound quality..delighted with the purchase....still need to explore home automation...have 3 sonoff switches which integrated smoothly

Got my echo dot today!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

This might help sweeten the deal,
    Via referral site voucher codes:
    "Free £3 Amazon Voucher with Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial Sign-ups at Amazon.co.uk"

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

nitros7 wrote: »
    This might help sweeten the deal,
    Via referral site voucher codes:
    "Free £3 Amazon Voucher with Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial Sign-ups at Amazon.co.uk"

Link

Anyone tried with this. What's the exact procedure. I'm already a student prime member.

• Advertisement

Got my echo dot today!

Mine coming tomorrow! Any hints /tips setting it up? Does it play Spotify, radio etc?

Super sound from the dot, great wee device.... But the alexa app is awful. Very slow to load up pages. Mine keeps showing that my dot is offline... Even though its working fine. So I can't change any settings in the app. Spent ages yesterday between live chat and a phone call trying to fix it... No joy. Rep agreed that the app is the problem.

Super sound from the dot, great wee device.... But the alexa app is awful. Very slow to load up pages. Mine keeps showing that my dot is offline... Even though its working fine. So I can't change any settings in the app. Spent ages yesterday between live chat and a phone call trying to fix it... No joy. Rep agreed that the app is the problem.

Same happens to me with the app - dot is offline. Only workaround I've discovered is to sign out of the app and back in again. It works as expected for a while and I can switch some stuff around, add new skills etc. It'll appear offline again after a while though.

Edit - Just checked the app and it's still online. I've signed in and out twice so far but the 2nd time seems to have stuck. Been online for about a week now it seems.

Same happens to me with the app - dot is offline. Only workaround I've discovered is to sign out of the app and back in again. It works as expected for a while and I can switch some stuff around, add new skills etc. It'll appear offline again after a while though.

Edit - Just checked the app and it's still online. I've signed in and out twice so far but the 2nd time seems to have stuck. Been online for about a week now it seems.

Strange that a company as big as amazon that has great customer service has such a clunky, poor app that doesn't function properly for everyone.

Strange that a company as big as amazon that has great customer service has such a clunky, poor app that doesn't function properly for everyone.

Yeah it's mad. I just checked the app and it's offline again. No idea what's going on tbh.

I've some cheap home automation stuff from random companies and their app integration works perfectly. I've no idea why Amazon can't get it right.

I've some cheap home automation stuff from random companies and their app integration works perfectly. I've no idea why Amazon can't get it right.

Which phone u r using? I have had no issues so far

Which phone u r using? I have had no issues so far

I've an android, mi a2 lite. No problem with any other apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

I've an android, mi a2 lite. No problem with any other apps.

I've the same issue with a Samsung s8. I have to clear data and force stop in app settings, sign back in to get it to work. Amazon support were no help at all. It's such a pity as I love using my echo and dots, they are great devices

Mac B wrote: »
    I've the same issue with a Samsung s8. I have to clear data and force stop in app settings, sign back in to get it to work. Amazon support were no help at all. It's such a pity as I love using my echo and dots, they are great devices

Yes, dot is very impressive. At least it still works, just a pity we can't change settings using the app. When I was talking to customer service rep yesterday, I asked her to pass on to developers to drastically improve their app. She said she would....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Their apps are poor all over the place. Prime video is as slow as Helix Pomatia and has horrible handling of subtitles.

Advertisement