Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Majors overrated

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

No, because of the following:

- The history
    - The prestige
    - The fields
    - The courses (for the most part)

Essential viewing for every golf fan, not sure how anyone could suggest otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What do you think - most of the golfers playing on a weekly basis are playing against say 70-80% the same field each week so no real difference in competition.

Sure in majors the courses may be set up more difficult but the competition the players face is the same so the quality level is the same. Some guys play well other fall off.

Not dissing the majors but I think too much emphasis is put on 'playing well is majors is so tough' etc where as they are just playing a golf course as - pebble beach is as tough to play in a major as it is in a regular event (if set up the same)

The Masters and the Open are the only two that really do it for me.

US open and the PGA are just like regular tour events to me.

Helps that I can see the Masters and the Open on the BBC as well. Can't stand paid for golf coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lawred2 wrote: »
    The Masters and the Open are the only two that really do it for me.

US open and the PGA are just like regular tour events to me.

Helps that I can see the Masters and the Open on the BBC as well. Can't stand paid for golf coverage.

Just remembered that the Open is no longer on BBC either..

Advertisement