Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PEEX earphones the way forward?

Options
  • 14-06-2019 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭

Asked this question on Elton John thread but guess better off starting a new thread for it as it's only starting and may be around for a while.
    Did anybody use the Peex earphones last night?
    https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-38187567.html
    Elton John was the 1st time they were used here.
    Newstalk did a review this morning and Jess Kelly said the sound was extremely good from them.

I was very tempted to hire them tonight but couldn't find where they were and didn't have much time to go looking.
    Ended up sitting beside a guy and a female who had them on.
    When there was a small gap in the music, I asked the guy what he thought of them?
    "He said, good but I'm the marketing manager for them!"
    You couldn't write it!

Turns out he was testing them at the venue and gave me a go of them.
    They were pretty impressive but the sound is good in the 3Arena anyway.
    You can higher/lower sound for each part of the band through an App on your phone so if you want to hear singer with no band,easy to do.
    You can still hear whats going around around with them in, you can go to the bog/bar and still hear the sound perfectly through the earphones.
    Would be way better off testing them at an open air concert, Pink in the RDS next week.
    Sure going to be an interesting item to use but at a price.
    Would be useful at gigs like Spice Girls/U2 etc at Croker going forward but not 100% sure people will pay the €10 to hire them though as this adds yet another cost to the ticket price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I bought a pair of the ones TM offer and dont like them as I feel they muffle the sound and can be uncomfortable too wear

These are an interesting product and hopefully will hit off. I wonder will they be available too buy and u bring them yourself to the gig instead of renting them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think I'd be annoyed being offered them at the 3Arena as that was purposely built with acoustics in mind. I know it's unrelated to the venue, but if the sound is bad in the venue, there's something not right.

As you said, maybe in a stadium or arena (not purpose built) where sound and delays are an issue, they'd be more relevant and useful.

I've heard many people annoyed being the other side of a stadium where the sound and video are out of sync given the distance so it would certainly have a market there!

Advertisement