Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo Western Lakes MTB Audax - 100 or 200?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Just to let you know that there are some markings on the roads. MTB in white.
    One of your out and back loops are close to me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Esroh wrote: »
    Just to let you know that there are some markings on the roads. MTB in white.
    One of your out and back loops are close to me

Ran through the revised 100k route on google streets last night. Lots of twists and turns so will be keeping a careful eye to the garmin and have a printed cue sheet as backup. Much more off-road in the revised route, I'll be pleased to make it before the six hour cut-off given my current fitness level but thoroughly looking forward to it either way.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Well that was only mighty craic! Missed the six hour cut off for finishing by a few hours but had a truly fantastic day on (and off) the bike for all that. Some of the technical bits were way beyond my ability on the CX bike, the fitness required on some of the climbs also had me off and pushing a fair bit and jaysus but the mud in the bog on Lough Coolin got deep in spots. And for a fun sting in the tail the course ended with a circuit on the club BMX track. Fair play to Padraig for organising such an entertaining and challenging route. I'll be back next year though will work on being a bit fitter and either bring a hard tail or way wider tyres. With a bit of a tour of old haunts in Mayor on the day before got about 200k in over the weekend which is something I haven't done in a while so well pleased.

Advertisement