Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 €119.99 @ Argos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

cletus wrote: »
    You can download an app called nova, it lets you set the appearance and interface to look like android

Thanks, yup I use NOVA for the launcher, it's more the settings, some things are a bit muddled and buried under somewhat opaque groupings

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

There is an app called ' MIUI hidden settings 'available on the play store courtesy of XDA which allows you to disable some bloat apps, it also helps a little with the notification confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Got mine picked up today from Stephen's Green, thanks to the code from sj20111

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

If anyone has a code for Dublin I'd really appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

I have a valid code for Mahon Point since this BA was first posted and it still hasn't arrived in. They first said that a few cages of stock never arrived but no further news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Does anyone have a Dublin code or even one they picked up but changed their mind?

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Does anyone have a Dublin code or even one they picked up but changed their mind?

Thanks all
    I do, I thought I could trade in old phone but couldn't so I'm just gonna keep my old one.
    Paid cash and box is sealed, receipt for omni two days ago.

Edit, I genuinely was returning it this evening so let me know if you want, just returning courtesy of thread here as I was delighted I got it myself.

I do, I thought I could trade in old phone but couldn't so I'm just gonna keep my old one.
    Paid cash and box is sealed, receipt for omni two days ago.

Edit, I genuinely was returning it this evening so let me know if you want, just returning courtesy of thread here as I was delighted I got it myself.

Let's meet!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Interested in a code for greater Dublin area if one knocking around.. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Do people actually check for stock before they look for reservation codes...?
    At the moment it is orderable from Jervis, Ilac St, Stephens Green and there's 1 in stock in Blanch and 1 in Dundrum...
    It's called checkargos...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Dec4 wrote: »
    At the moment it is orderable from Jervis, Ilac St, Stephens Green and there's 1 in stock in Blanch and 1 in Dundrum...

I had checked earlier and none were available.. Must have changed after closing time with non collections. Nice one sorted in swords thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Dec4 wrote: »

All gone again...plenty of lurkers on here;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think there are a few coming online from people who didn't pick up or reserved in multiple stores. I saw one pop up last night in ~Tallaght and picked it up today. Everything else in Dublin was gone.

Cheers OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone know where to get a screen protector for thats not from China? All I can see on eBay is Chinese sellers which will take weeks to get here

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

mossy464 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get a screen protector for thats not from China? All I can see on eBay is Chinese sellers which will take weeks to get here

Loads on Amazon.

Jessym50 wrote: »
    Any codes for dublin would be appreciated , it's my mams birthday and would like to buy her a new phone

it's my granny's 90th and she needs a smartphone to skype with the triplets that she's sponsoring in Burkini Faso so if anyone has a code that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

mossy464 wrote: »

Amazon or search adverts for redmi 5 screen protector

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭Villa05

For those of you that missed this deal.
    I got fed up with argos and picked up the Redmi note 7 on amazon UK from Chinese registered sellers.
    Ordered
    Phone 118euro from 1 seller

And screen protector and case from a separate seller.

Items ordered on Monday morning and arrived on Thursday in the one package. Postage 5.99

Note the phone arrived with its own perfectly adequate protective case

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Villa05 wrote: »
    I got fed up with argos and picked up the Redmi note 7 on amazon UK from Chinese registered sellers.
    Ordered

Items ordered on Monday morning and arrived on Thursday in the one package. Postage 5.99

How does it compare spec wise?

cormie wrote:
    How does it compare spec wise?

There is a link to a review of the note 7 on page 6 of this thread gsmarena

• Advertisement

Villa05 wrote: »
    Ordered

link to that price of 118 euro????

glasso wrote:
    link to that price of 118 euro????

Sorry just checked seller I purchased from is out of stock.

For die hards there are some good options in android devices forum thread

"Android phone for 200 or less"

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I gave up and bought the note 7 on amazon for 200, I can sell my current phone to cex for 70 so I'm happy

With HUUUGGGEEE thanks to a user here who helped me out getting one of these, I now have to set it up suitable for an (very) auld wan :)

Literally, it has to be simplified to make calls, send texts, maybe browser and will probably set up whatapp and messenger for her to talk to family abroad.

Anyone got any suggestions for an app or loader to hide all the extra stuff she wont need. I am not really confident about rooting and stuff.

Otherwise I will just dump everything, one by one into a folder and tell her to ignore it.

I literally want to have a 3310 with wings.

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

With HUUUGGGEEE thanks to a user here who helped me out getting one of these, I now have to set it up suitable for an (very) auld wan :)

Literally, it has to be simplified to make calls, send texts, maybe browser and will probably set up whatapp and messenger for her to talk to family abroad.

Set up Nova Launcher as default, with only one home screen page & then put only the required apps on it.

Anyone got any suggestions for an app or loader to hide all the extra stuff she wont need. I am not really confident about rooting and stuff.

Otherwise I will just dump everything, one by one into a folder and tell her to ignore it.

I literally want to have a 3310 with wings.

Thanks all

Set up Nova Launcher as default launcher , with only one home screen page & then put only the required apps on it.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Set up Nova Launcher as default launcher , with only one home screen page & then put only the required apps on it.

I installed it on my own phone, the mimax 2. Not pushed on it, but she won't know the difference I guess.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

jgbyr wrote: »

Not only that but enable the "lock desktop" option which will stop them accidentally dragging apps off screen etc

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Is this finished now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The Redmi note 7 is available on gearbest for 143 euros.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I see the entire Mii Note line has been scrapped by Xiaomi. Hopefully this doesn't affect updates etc for the handsets.

Advertisement