Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milled vs Shelled Hempseed?

Options
  • 07-06-2019 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Recently, I asked a relative to buy milled hempseed. They came back with shelled hempseed. Would I still get the full benefit from eating shelled hempseed? It does say on the package that they're a soft seed so maybe its not the same as eating wholr chia/flax seed for example?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've moved this to the Nutrition & Diet forum, you're more likely to get helpful replies here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

I've moved this to the Nutrition & Diet forum, you're more likely to get helpful replies here :)

Thank you Dizzyblonde.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Anyone have advice on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The difference is probably going to be negligible in the context of your whole diet. The shell has the bigger proportion of the fibre so less fibre than milled

The difference is probably going to be negligible in the context of your whole diet. The shell has the bigger proportion of the fibre so less fibre than milled
    Hi Alf Veedersane. Thanks. BTW - did you mean 'so less fibre when than milled'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Alf Veedersane. Thanks. BTW - did you mean 'so less fibre when than milled'?

As far as I know, milled hemp seeds include the outer shell, where the fibre would be.

As far as I know, milled hemp seeds include the outer shell, where the fibre would be.

Ah, I understand now. Thanks.

Advertisement