Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

DAndy, just on the story front, I'm enjoying you turning me into Annie Wilkes.

Must go do some work. Wasn't expecting that this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Morning.
    happy birthday to me!

So Trit was the munch and SK the jack shot?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

You lads already seem on the ball, hopefully when I get home and catch up things will be a bit clearer. Have a PTA after work today though so might be a bit later getting active today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Clarabel wrote: »
    Morning.
    happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday Clarabel.

There is no way of know for sure as there is no flavour. We could assume that they are listed in the order - munch - jack kill - but it is just guessing.

Keith, WTF was your BR comment all about? I miss you already though.

13v4 start
    10v4. Where we are now

8vs4 lynch and munch
    6vs4 lynch and munch

Get it wrong again and game over

Cheesy you're on my watch list
    Keith voted first for Sulli , I'll need to go see who else jumped on that bandwagon per Sulli dying words.
    Dandy you better start singing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Morning.
    happy birthday to me!

Happy Birthday :)

I’ve put a vote on drummer. It’s a placeholder really. He’s the only one left of the initial 3 I suspected but the other 2 were village so I’m going to have to do some serious reassessing.

Strawberry Milkshake
    Clarabel
    Barney92
    kitten_k
    Ectoplasm
    Choc Chip
    fixxxer
    Dublinandy2
    Bounty Hunter
    Whiplashy
    Aint Eazy Being Cheezy
    Baggly Drumpot
    Uriel.

My numbers are wrong

13v4
    9v4 where we are

7v4
    5v4

Dead

Unless we have a vig Clarabel. I don't have time to check, but that could impact our numbers even more if we don't get vig shots right.

P.S. Happy Birthday!

• Advertisement

I’m on the road this morning just pulled in to touch base. RIP sully, trit and Keith :(

I have full notes written on all ectos postsfrom start of game just haven’t written my conclusions yet. Will do whippy next.

Necro wrote: »
    image.axd_.jpg

tritium was killed.

He was Vanilla Town

sKeith was killed.

He was Vanilla Town
    Morning.
    happy birthday to me!

Happy birthday! xxx

What makes you say who was munched and shot. They have the same death info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Happy birthday Clarabel

Sk would have been the munch, trit the shot

Sk would have been the munch, trit the shot

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Crap. I just got beaten up in the gym and get home to discover we've taken more hits. RIP Tritium and SKeith. The latter was my strongest town read until Sully flipped town at least.

I have my own suspicions as to who was munched and who was shot but am curious as to other people's reasoning. DAndy why d'you think SK was the munch and Trit was shot. Clarabel, why do you think the opposite?

Also Happy Birthday Clarabel!!! Hope it's a good one :)

Also I meant to post this earlier so I could keep track of post numbers. This is where everyone stood at 11:05 this morning.

User Name Posts
    Dublinandy2 146
    Ectoplasm 107
    Clarabel 86
    Choc Chip 78
    Bounty Hunter 75
    kitten_k 48
    Whiplashy 45
    fixxxer 43
    Uriel. 36
    Barney92 35
    Strawberry Milkshake 13
    Drumpot 12
    Aint Eazy Being Cheezy 9

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Still in work for a few hours yet but...

RIP Sultan

If Sully had tried to defend herself it might have made a difference. No point saying nobody asked, Putting you on an ffa / voting for you really should be considered asking you to explain yourself. Don’t think people were asking her about her gender but she made sure to set them straight on that for instance

So I had my legs chopped off eh, don’t consider myself pocketed but I do kinda want DAndy to live longer so I can see what other horrors he has in mind for me.

Good to see cheesy etc get their vote in and post total up. First game might seem daunting but if you’ve nothing to hide act like it and post freely

Gonna keep an eye on Drumpot’s development as I was worried about his predecessor but I hope to not get too on the previous days suspects and afford myself more opportunity to change my mind on people

———-
    I’m confused how have there been two killed?

Remember what I have in my plus column. I havent voted to Lynch a goody, I havent FFA'd anybody yet (because I havent had time to fully catch up and knew I would have time cause slow burner), I didnt flip flop in votes, I explained why (even if ecto isnt satisfied) I voted for who i voted for and have generally tried to respond to anybody pointing the finger at me..

There are plenty of other players either hiding or not getting involved, the way I see it by going after me you guys are incentivising lack of posting. You are also ignoring potential strategies (jump off Sulli and onto me to look like they didnt vote off a villager).

The reasons why I have been found to be "dodgy" are flimsy and at best gut feelings. Gut is fine, but there are plenty more hiding in the bushes and making loud noises that could do with a bit of a challange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Wasn’t expecting to see two killed :confused: Will need to re-examine the formats now and put possible names into places

Drummer, I voted for you yesterday (and that summary is still sticking in my mind - I think you might have been better holding off and forming stronger opinions around it as it really pushed me into voting for you as it felt wolfy). I'm open to having my mind changed though, as I hate jumping on someone who's been subbed in.

And you do have a point. If I combine your posts with Baggly's, the following people have fewer posts than you: Skunk, Barney, Kitten, Fixxxer, Whippy, Cheezy and Uriel.

That's more than half the remaining players.

• Advertisement

Keith, WTF was your BR comment all about? I miss you already though.

Maybe SK was doing what I mentioned below:
    Drumpot wrote: »

In fairness a sneaky wolf could play dumb and it would be a good strategy to blend in.

Now if wolves are reading this, they could take this that I’m a RV trying to court some attention to blend in...

Interesting that Whiplash immediatley jumped on this:
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Baggly May have got you onto my suspects list but this wolfie AF post keeps you on it!

And that Whiplashy has been quick to jump into my lynch "fanclub" thats gone straight for me. Which is more beneficial for the village, going after me, when we have 2 days effectively to explore the merits or discussing Sullis lynch and the killings this morning to see what can be gotten from it?

Nobody has to vote until tomorrow night but earmarking me already puts me in peoples minds, its a Trumpism. Say something enough (Drumpot bad) and people dont even remember why so ingest it as probabley true on some level.

Ecto, for somebody who accused me yesterday of being "lazy" with my notes, I presume this will Irk you and you will do some digging to see why people are jumping on the Drumpot train. Dont mind being lynched if there is decent reasons but theres little to nothing being offered. I cant defend myself against what baggly did.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    If cheezy was wolf, I'd think his backroom would be putting pressure on to post so I figured that the lack of posting made him lean village.

However, not making min number makes me think he's given up. If that's the case it could be 2 days before subbed or modkilled, and we've been ignoring him.

If subbed, the sub takes a slot which could be wolfy and which has been given 2 day phases free from scrutiny.

In fairness, i picked cheezy as there was little to consider and i could do while parked. I'll be home by 8 amd will look at others with more substance then.

Cheezy! So glad you're around this morning. :)

Can you tell me why you liked this post, that essentially said that I could see a situation where you were a wolf? :)

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Crap. I just got beaten up in the gym and get home to discover we've taken more hits. RIP Tritium and SKeith. The latter was my strongest town read until Sully flipped town at least.

I have my own suspicions as to who was munched and who was shot but am curious as to other people's reasoning. DAndy why d'you think SK was the munch and Trit was shot. Clarabel, why do you think the opposite?

Because i was expecting sk to get munched for his backroom comment. I said last night he would and if not we'd have to look at him. Also if you look at my reads i said you and trit were either awesome wolves or clesr village, so being so clear would indicate role do could have been a toss up between the two of you for the bullet. I suspect you'll be munched next unless someone comes out about a role before then.

I also suspect I'll be one of the if not the favourite to be lynched. I'm fine with that, everyone needs to be examined but I urge everyone not to stop looking elsewhere just because you think I'm a wolf. Even if I am there are more out there.

I think we can take a lot from when people speak. I donte mean people going missing because they do have a real life but I just mean the times, what they say and when they say it.

My vote fixxxer btw

Drummer, I voted for you yesterday (and that summary is still sticking in my mind - I think you might have been better holding off and forming stronger opinions around it as it really pushed me into voting for you as it felt wolfy). I'm open to having my mind changed though, as I hate jumping on someone who's been subbed in.

And you do have a point. If I combine your posts with Baggly's, the following people have fewer posts than you: Skunk, Barney, Kitten, Fixxxer, Whippy, Cheezy and Uriel.

That's more than half the remaining players.

Fair enough, I dont mind being on peoples radars but since I have started I havent seen much posting from a bunch of players. Sort of feels like I am being penalised for what Baggly wrote and for trying to be active.

I understand people have to factor in Baggly to a degree but I dont think I should be POI number 1 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Cheezy! So glad you're around this morning. :)

Can you tell me why you liked this post, that essentially said that I could see a situation where you were a wolf? :)

No reason other than you noting my lack of activity, wanted you all to know that I was here, and following/catching up

Happy birthday! xxx

What makes you say who was munched and shot. They have the same death info

Assumption from previous games. Kitten cleared it up for me.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Maybe SK was doing what I mentioned below:

Interesting that Whiplash immediatley jumped on this:

And that Whiplashy has been quick to jump into my lynch "fanclub" thats gone straight for me. Which is more beneficial for the village, going after me, when we have 2 days effectively to explore the merits or discussing Sullis lynch and the killings this morning to see what can be gotten from it?

Nobody has to vote until tomorrow night but earmarking me already puts me in peoples minds, its a Trumpism. Say something enough (Drumpot bad) and people dont even remember why so ingest it as probabley true on some level.

Ecto, for somebody who accused me yesterday of being "lazy" with my notes, I presume this will Irk you and you will do some digging to see why people are jumping on the Drumpot train. Dont mind being lynched if there is decent reasons but theres little to nothing being offered. I cant defend myself against what baggly did.

I think you’ll find I’m the only member of your lynch fan club so far. Why so paranoid drummer? There’s plenty of time left. I could change my vote 50 times between now and tomorrow evening. I don’t believe in sticking in a vote last minute and not giving people a chance to defend themselves. Sully didn’t take that chance, maybe you will.

On the bit you put in bold, in my mind that screams wolf. That’s why I jumped on it. I was surprised more people didn’t. Maybe my reasoning is flawed. RV doesn’t say it because they don’t want to draw attention to themselves. NRV saying it screams bluff so I don’t see them saying it either. That leaves wolf trying to make out that they’re NRV but semi claiming RV....it makes sense in my head :D

Which means we're (in sK's words) in world 1e or 2d.

That means that (a) there's a doctor in the house, or (b) there's a vig and a motion detector.

I think i'd prefer B, even if that gives the wolves a role cop. Should find out tomorrow night anyway.

Why would you prefer B?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I have had a look at people's reactions following the morning deaths. A couple of people said RIP/farewell to both sets - kitten, skunk/strawberry (one person in this), choc chip, bounty hunter and ectoplasm. I wonder if these professions of grief are a way of distancing themselves from the acts. Obviously since there are five they can't all be wolves but I'd be surprised if one or more weren't amongst those five.

On the others:

Whiplashy says farewell to Vale, but doesn't say anything to the latest victims - just that we must have a vig or jack of all trades. That's a bit of a contrast to the previous reaction.

Clarabel was sad to see vale go but when trit and skeith go the same sadness isn't evident. As with whiplashy their first comment post death is more mechanical - trit being the munch and sk the shot. (Happy birthday by the way). Perhaps the birthday is the reason for less sadness in today's initial post :).

Baggly is no longer here, but having been subbed so can't really read too much into that. Drumpot didn't profess any grief. Although that may have been trying to distance from Baggly's style.

I have may missed some posts but tried to get all the ones I saw in there.
    First kill
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Well that shows how utterly useless my reads are! Farewell Vale.
    Aww Vale.

This **** is real now.
    kitten_k wrote: »
    It was a great night, didn't have the head space yesterday to be able to read the thread on the phone! Back in work today so will be on more.

RIP Vale.
    RIP Vale. Always sucks to be the first one munched. At least he wasn't a Roled Village which was something I was a bit concerned by when I put him on my list of suspects. Don't think we can read too much into why they went for him - probably just taking a solid player out of the game.
    Baggly wrote: »
    Its auto priest. We find out the roles of the dead. if a role is claimed and a role that should not therefore be possible comes up, we know someone is lying.

RIP Vale.
    TheSkunk wrote: »
    RIP Vale!

Checked my notes and he started the shoot Baggly thing which a few people got involved in.

Kind of clears Baggly because you wouldn’t munch the one person who was literally gunning for you the past few days.

He also thought there was a wagon forming on him but I don’t remember reading people going for him?

I’m working all day today so will catch up on my lunch and place my vote then based on my reads so far and what’s said throughout the day.
    I have literally gone, "Baggly can't be a wolf, it's way too obvious and that #shootbaggly this was too obviously a joke"

to, "what if baggly is a wolf and he KNEW it was too obvious a move and so killed Vale to throw us off the trail"

To, "What if Baggly's not a wolf, but the wolves wanted us to think that it was too obvious a move and something baggly would do if Baggly were a wolf."

And this is why I like day 0 before the paranoia sets in. Happy Day 1 everyone.

Also, RIP Vale.
    If that is all Sully's posts (5 so far), they are all very business posts, no fluff in there. Suspicion, backroom talk, village and wolf role talk, an excuse and interpreting a wolf role.

RIP Vale
    Vote Vale for Mayor in the Dead Room.

He is an experienced player who was active but hadn't said much. Role hunting i'd guess plus throw in the baggly stuff for confusion. He said on thread that was just a joke so I don't think anyone is being framed.
    Second kill
    Still in work for a few hours yet but...

RIP Sultan

If Sully had tried to defend herself it might have made a difference. No point saying nobody asked, Putting you on an ffa / voting for you really should be considered asking you to explain yourself. Don’t think people were asking her about her gender but she made sure to set them straight on that for instance

So I had my legs chopped off eh, don’t consider myself pocketed but I do kinda want DAndy to live longer so I can see what other horrors he has in mind for me.

Good to see cheesy etc get their vote in and post total up. First game might seem daunting but if you’ve nothing to hide act like it and post freely

Gonna keep an eye on Drumpot’s development as I was worried about his predecessor but I hope to not get too on the previous days suspects and afford myself more opportunity to change my mind on people

———-
    I’m confused how have there been two killed?
    kitten_k wrote: »
    RIP Trit & SK.

I assume the two deaths mean we are playing a game that has a Jack of all trades and they used their vig shot?
    RIP Tritium.

RIP sKeith.

So we've a Jack in our midst anyway.
    I’m on the road this morning just pulled in to touch base. RIP sully, trit and Keith :(

I have full notes written on all ectos postsfrom start of game just haven’t written my conclusions yet. Will do whippy next.

• Advertisement

I can explain Barney. It wasn’t that I wasn’t sad to see them go. (Farewell trit and skeith btw :) ) It was purely the surprise of seeing 2 people gone. I would imagine it was the same for everyone else.

Advertisement