Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stem Cells - Hip Osteoarthritis

Options
  • 06-06-2019 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering if anyone out there has gone for, or knows someone who has gone for Stemcell treatments for an osteoarthritis issue?

I have severe osteroarthritic hip, im an active 43 year old and desperately trying to avoid a Hip Replacment, which I have been told is my only option (along with steroid injections.)

Im specifically looking at getting a bone marrow aspirate/Bone marrow concentrate injection (BMC / BMAC) into the hip joint. Its not regulated in Ireland but its happening in Europe and whilst its still deemed experimental, the research papers and trial results are impressive and hard to ignore.

I would love to talk to anyone who has experience with this kind of treatment, and get their oppinion on how it really worked, how long it lasted and to see which clinic they chose for their treatment.. Its very expensive and im reluctant to jump at a clinic overseas without a recommendation as I know theres alot of 'snake oil salesmen' out there, so any advice would be much appreciated!! :))

Advertisement