Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Key

Options
  • 05-06-2019 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone know who can change a mailbox lock? I lost the key to my mailbox and the management don't have a copy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

turniptime wrote: »
    Does anyone know who can change a mailbox lock? I lost the key to my mailbox and the management don't have a copy.

I'm sure a locksmith could, guessing you would need to ok it with management company though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 turniptime

Max Powers wrote: »
    I'm sure a locksmith could, guessing you would need to ok it with management company though.

They informed me they had no copy and I would need to change the lock. I had a locksmith due out later today but just found the key a few minutes ago at home and not in the car where I had searched high and low for it! Thanks for the tip anyways :)

In future just drill the lock and fit a new one.
    you get them in the hardware shope etc,bring the old lock.
    this is what the locksmith will do but will cost you 4e

• Registered Users Posts: 3 turniptime

In future just drill the lock and fit a new one.
    you get them in the hardware shope etc,bring the old lock.
    this is what the locksmith will do but will cost you 4e

Oh, thanks for the handy tip! I know absolutely nothing about these kinds of things, but I just had a look there at lock drilling on YouTube and it actually looks pretty easy. Hopefully I won't need to do it :P But knowing me, it more than likely will come in handy in the not too distant future lol. Thanks!

turniptime wrote: »
    Oh, thanks for the handy tip! I know absolutely nothing about these kinds of things, but I just had a look there at lock drilling on YouTube and it actually looks pretty easy. Hopefully I won't need to do it :P But knowing me, it more than likely will come in handy in the not too distant future lol. Thanks!

I'd be fairly certain the lock in your letter box would be soft as butter too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement