Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Lost Key

  • 05-06-2019 3:52pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 3 turniptime


    Does anyone know who can change a mailbox lock? I lost the key to my mailbox and the management don't have a copy.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭ Max Powers


    turniptime wrote: »
    Does anyone know who can change a mailbox lock? I lost the key to my mailbox and the management don't have a copy.

    I'm sure a locksmith could, guessing you would need to ok it with management company though.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 turniptime


    Max Powers wrote: »
    I'm sure a locksmith could, guessing you would need to ok it with management company though.

    They informed me they had no copy and I would need to change the lock. I had a locksmith due out later today but just found the key a few minutes ago at home and not in the car where I had searched high and low for it! Thanks for the tip anyways :)


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    In future just drill the lock and fit a new one.
    you get them in the hardware shope etc,bring the old lock.
    this is what the locksmith will do but will cost you 4e


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 turniptime


    In future just drill the lock and fit a new one.
    you get them in the hardware shope etc,bring the old lock.
    this is what the locksmith will do but will cost you 4e

    Oh, thanks for the handy tip! I know absolutely nothing about these kinds of things, but I just had a look there at lock drilling on YouTube and it actually looks pretty easy. Hopefully I won't need to do it :P But knowing me, it more than likely will come in handy in the not too distant future lol. Thanks!


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    turniptime wrote: »
    Oh, thanks for the handy tip! I know absolutely nothing about these kinds of things, but I just had a look there at lock drilling on YouTube and it actually looks pretty easy. Hopefully I won't need to do it :P But knowing me, it more than likely will come in handy in the not too distant future lol. Thanks!

    I'd be fairly certain the lock in your letter box would be soft as butter too.


  • Advertisement
Advertisement