Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D licence

Options
  • 04-06-2019 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,
    How difficult is it to pass the D licence?
    I have received my learners permit and I am awaiting a test date .Will 5 or 6 lessons after many years driving cars,tractors be sufficient to pass?
    Also any info on employment prospects from anyone would be appreciated.I am based in the West/Northwest and I would be flexible with working away from home for extended lengths of time. Is there a demand for drivers in the current economic situation ?
    I have always liked driving so any advice or pointers would be helpful to help me progress this .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I'm doing the same at moment.
    Had one bus lesson so far. I didn't find it that hard but I already have C done and have driven trucks for a while now.
    I haven't booked my test yet but I'm budgeting for 5 lessons.
    I found the bus a bit easier to drive than say an 18ton rigid. The visibility is better and gears are more like a car. Its just the huge tailswing and front overhang that catch you out.

I'd say go for one lesson and see how confident you feel and what the instructor says. You might get it after one or two if you're used to driving big vehicles and don't have any bad habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mcloupj1

Hi,
    Passed my test last week,6 lessons got me comfortable with driving a bus.
    Get a good instructor with a proven pass rate,it helps if you are a novice with big vehicles .

Advertisement