Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Cheapest student accommodation?

Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭ MrMiata

I'm looking at going to Maynooth next year.
    I'm hoping to get in direct transfer to second year.

I'm paying for it myself so I need to find the cheapest accommodation going!

What are the usual prices for digs or just for a shared house?

I have a car so commuting too and from the college isn't an issue but I don't fancy a road trip to get to a lecture.

What are my options?

Comments

• MrMiata wrote: »
    I'm looking at going to Maynooth next year.
    I'm hoping to get in direct transfer to second year.

I'm paying for it myself so I need to find the cheapest accommodation going!

What are the usual prices for digs or just for a shared house?

I have a car so commuting too and from the college isn't an issue but I don't fancy a road trip to get to a lecture.

What are my options?

Kilcock is by far the cheapest as there is only a bus eireann bus to get there. And there is little traffic from that side (or at least that was the case 3 years ago). 10 mins drive and you'll be in the college.

• GarIT wrote: »
    Kilcock is by far the cheapest as there is only a bus eireann bus to get there. And there is little traffic from that side (or at least that was the case 3 years ago). 10 mins drive and you'll be in the college.

Any idea how much accommodation prices are (or were) roughly?
    It's hard to find anything online at this time of year.

Advertisement