Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congratulations to Katie Taylor!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,424 ✭✭✭✭ted1

She didn’t deserve to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I couldn’t enjoy the win last night.
    I didn’t feel she did enough. Massive KT fan here but I’m a little pissed at how it all went down tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ted1 wrote:
    She didn’t deserve to win.

****e fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,424 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ****e fight?

She was out boxed. And another 10 seconds she would have been in the canvas. She was very very wobbly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

Wow. So this is how it feels to be the robber not the robbed. Strange feeling for an Irish person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

She got boxed around the ring, and still won.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

This fat bloke beat the incredibly fit looking black guy last night.

Conclusion.

Boxing is a racket.

https://news.sky.com/story/massive-shock-as-anthony-joshua-loses-heavyweight-titles-to-underdog-andy-ruiz-jr-11733281

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

kneemos wrote: »
    This fat bloke beat the incredibly fit looking black guy last night.

Conclusion.

Boxing is a racket.

https://news.sky.com/story/massive-shock-as-anthony-joshua-loses-heavyweight-titles-to-underdog-andy-ruiz-jr-11733281

Conclusion: Joshua is overrated

That fat bloke is 33- 1 . 22 via ko

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭corkboy38

Another contentious boxing decision but by god we'll take it. Katie Taylor champ champ

• Advertisement

hard to enjoy taylor's success when 90% of commentary on it is people lecturing me about how i should care more about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Really like KT but she very lucky last night. Boxed well for the first few rounds but Persoon had the better of the rest of the fight and I thought KT was going to get stopped in the last round. She had nothing left at that point. Very sporting of her to offer Persoon a re-match. Think Persoon has the beating of her if that goes ahead, unfortunately. The Irish media are being incredibly selective with their reporting.
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    She got boxed around the ring, and still won.

Recall her Dad talking about the corrupt nature of pro-boxing a few years back. The corrupt nature worked out for her last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

hard to enjoy taylor's success when 90% of commentary on it is people lecturing me about how i should care more about it

It's not, really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Well done Katie, a true legend! She's currently the greatest Irish person alive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Greyfox wrote: »

Bono is the greatest Irish person alive

WTF.

Some awful eejits celebrating two women punching each other around the ring for ‘sport’.

Women shouldn't be boxing for men’s entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Well done Katie Taylor

Blueshoe wrote: »

Bono is up there yep

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Blueshoe wrote: »

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Haven't seen the highlights yet but never seen her so busted up after a fight

https://twitter.com/BrianOD_News/status/1135045846209351680

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Congratulations on finally finding a more androgynous looking female to fight against

oh and she didn't win that fight.....it was marginally no chance in her favor

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think she just about scraped it. The fact that Persoon finished so strongly and dominated the finals rounds can make you forget that Taylor took five if the first rounds. Think the ninth was where she won it for me, she did just enough to shade it and that gave her the edge.

Think she just about scraped it. The fact that Persoon finished so strongly and dominated the finals rounds can make you forget that Taylor took five if the first rounds. Think the ninth was where she won it for me, she did just enough to shade it and that gave her the edge.

There’s calls for a rematch now and my money is on KT winning again

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Thanks for the spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

JayZeus wrote: »
    WTF.

Some awful eejits celebrating two women punching each other around the ring for ‘sport’.

Women shouldn't be boxing for men’s entertainment.

You can like it or dislike but they were hardly sold in to slavery to fight to the death in the arena

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

There’s calls for a rematch now and my money is on KT winning again

Loose the rematch and then sets up a third and final decider

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

I've watched it a couple of times now and I think Katie just did enough. Persoon threw a hell of a lot of punches but Katie landed more. Definitely in the first 5 rounds. Katie got pulled into a dog fight and her corner knew it, she tried to hold her composure and box but when your being set upon with that intensity your instinct is to fight back.

Aska wrote: »
    Loose the rematch and then sets up a third and final decider

And then one more just to be sure to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

That match up will have to be a trilogy..

Can we please have one fight in the three arena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Would ya go away and Shiite with yourself!!! Greatest Irish person alive, what utter horse****e. She is a good boxer and she got a lucky decision last night, how in the name of fúck does that make her the greatest irish person alive???

Advertisement