Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i cant help staring at womens breasts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

wiggle16 wrote: »
    As an aside, no, this is not true. Breast fetishism is culture bound. It has nothing to do with evolution. Many cultures (East Africa for instance) do not fetishize breasts in the we do in the West and they are not seen as sexual attributes. It's a hangover from the Victorian era when any bit of flesh was risque. The arguments that "it's only natural" are pretty uninformed.

Have to disagree with you there wobble.

Having a sneaky gawk at an exposed cleavage is a very instinctive and natural thing for a man to do. Harmless as long as the gaze doesn't linger too long.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Barely Legal

<Mod snip - infraction received for offensive post>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Daisy78

<post deleted>

You are completely missing the point. Did you read the original post? It’s the fact that he is doing this to his work colleagues, people he works alongside with on a day to day basis who have no romantic/sexual interest in him whatsoever. It’s not at all appropriate!! He is also married but listen that’s an argument for another day. If he was a single man in a pub or a nightclub doing this I’d actually have no issue with it. Men like boobs, we get it. But in the context of a work environment, where it is done to the extent of making the lady uncomfortable and embarrassed? Absolutely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself but it's *incredibly* frustrating and annoying when men do this. If you were in conversation with a man you'd make eye contact. Extend the same courtesy to women.

I'm not stupid or naive enough not to realise that plenty of straight men will have a quick glance. I've no issue with that. But a glance is all it should be. Literally a flick of the eyes. But kindly do not address my boobs when talking to me. My eyes are not on my nipples.

I agree, it is incredibly annoying. However, I do appreciate it may be an involuntary thing as the OP described, so perhaps would have a little more sympathy towards his genuine attempt to fight it.

Would learning to recognise the situation help OP? Like knowing you are in a situation where there is a temptation to look down, but having your routine of maintaining eye contact. A bit like a rugby player has their routine before a free kick?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement