Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Works in Letterkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Provision for pedestrians has always been an after thought in Letterkenny, the cycle lanes on Pearse Road are also a joke.

With competent planning the new retail parks could have been integrated as an extension of the traditional town centre but instead we've ended up with a totally car dependant area even though it's a 5 minute walk from the Main Street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭malinheader

A friend of mine was telling me recently that he had a conversation at a wedding with a student studying in a university in England. In a class one day the road system in and out of Letterkenny was used as an example of what you should not do around a major town. I can't verify this myself but I wouldn't doubt it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Provision for pedestrians has always been an after thought in Letterkenny, the cycle lanes on Pearse Road are also a joke.

With competent planning the new retail parks could have been integrated as an extension of the traditional town centre but instead we've ended up with a totally car dependant area even though it's a 5 minute walk from the Main Street

The carparks at Forte retail park (New Dunnes/Smyths etc) and over at Argos/TK Maxx etc are the absolute worst design ever. Who ever signed off on them should be dragged down there every weekend and publicly flogged for such incompetence.

Noticed a sign today going down by St Eunans that they're now digging up that road as well starting on Monday, the joys...

Been looking forward to the Circular Road works finishing up all month with it being on my drive to work but Glencar/College Road now being closed means traffic is worse than ever, the entire length of the road has been jammed at rush hour all week :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Don't know if it's related, but the Gardai directing traffic at the Polestar roundabout in the evenings are doing my head in. I'm guesing they're meant to be getting traffic out of town easier, but they're blocking traffic coming in. From the polestar to dry arch was backed up today, like a Friday on a Northern bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Don't know if it's related, but the Gardai directing traffic at the Polestar roundabout in the evenings are doing my head in. I'm guesing they're meant to be getting traffic out of town easier, but they're blocking traffic coming in. From the polestar to dry arch was backed up today, like a Friday on a Northern bank holiday weekend.

Sure it's good dry weather, got to give them something to do outside. They wont be out come winter!

Edit: back to the dry arch again this evening coming into town

Hospital roundabout going to be shut 7pm - 7am this week. Presumably the St Eunans road is reopening as otherwise I'm going to be trapped in the middle :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would be going via Killylastin and Windyhall, I would say. Though that road is reopened now anyway. I'd be thinking more of how much time it adds in the case of an emergency.

• Advertisement
Advertisement