Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know More About Your Elves - #8 DvB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Oops! I did indeed.

Not gonna lie, dont have one. Theres one or 2 things I'd love to see happen in my lifetime but all are out of my control to one extent or another (most sport related).

Well if one is the Cowboys winning another SB then you could be waiting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Well if one is the Cowboys winning another SB then you could be waiting :P

Have seen them win 3 already thanks :p

The main ones would be football & rugby related.

Football , Rovers to win the FAI cup again (decent chance of this) , Arsenal to win the CL (No chance for this)
    Rugby, Ireland to win a world cup (though even a SF appearance would be nice) though I suspect we've missed out on our chance for this.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Sleep. Well I'd have a lie in anyway. We get up at 5.45am mon-fri and at about 7-7.30 at weekends so a rest would be bliss. I'd have to have a think about the rest so I'll come back to this.

Was out with herself last night & this question came into my head & I remembered saying I'd have to have dancing in there, I love a good bop & rarely get the chance nowadays, but a really good party with some cracking tunes & I'll be bopping away. Nothing cheers me up more than a bit of a dance at a party/wedding etc.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Who would play you in a movie of your life?

Ideal new years eve?

Childhood crush?

Caranica wrote: »
    Who would play you in a movie of your life?

Ideal new years eve?

Childhood crush?

Movie = Gerard Butler, In all honesty I look nothing like him but my Mrs says he reminds her of me, so that'll do!

NYE = Night out, plenty of music in a good spot, not too rammed, plenty of dancing!

Childhood crush = Had loads, but the ones that I remember clearly were Madonna in her true blue/papa dont preach days & Linda carter as wonder woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

What's your favorite childhood memory of Christmas ?

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    What's your favorite childhood memory of Christmas ?

Have so many its hard to pick one. But I think the year I got a bike as a surprise i'll always remember clearly. Even though I was young (9 or 10) I knew my mum & dad were really struggling financially at the time & really wasn't expecting too much for christmas, so seeing their delight at my shocked & awed face will live with me until the day I die. It was a pure moment of christmas bliss, a child receiving a fantastic surprise gift & the joy it gave the parents giving the gift.

To this day I have no idea how they afforded some of the Christmas's we had, they always made sure it was as special as possible & still to this day go OTT with the gifts even though they cant really afford to.

Think I've caught up on everything I was to come back to. Some really good questions in there too.

Think I've caught up on everything I was to come back to. Some really good questions in there too.

Some great answers as well DvB.

Have really been enjoying these and getting to know people a little better.

Some great answers as well DvB.

Have really been enjoying these and getting to know people a little better.

Still a couple of days left if anyone wants to hear any more of my inane ramblings :D

• Advertisement

Still a couple of days left if anyone wants to hear any more of my inane ramblings :D

Was meaning to ask, how did you become a Cowboys fan?

Was meaning to ask, how did you become a Cowboys fan?

Years ago my folks used to watch the TV show Dallas & in the opening credits there was an aerial flyover of the texas stadium which fascinated me, looked them up & as I got more into the sport & decided that was as good a reason as any to follow a team when I had no real ties to any of them at the time. That was the early 80's & its stuck ever since.

Years ago my folks used to watch the TV show & in the opening credits there was an aerial flyover of the texas stadium which fascinated me, looked them up & as I got more into the sport & decided that was as good a reason as any to follow a team when I had no real ties to any of them at the time. That was the early 80's & its stuck ever since.

Certainly an original reason for following a team!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Late to the party.

After seeing the fiesta/civic Q what would be your dream car?

P.s. also fecked my knee playing hockey early on so knocked it on the head to keep playing grass rather than astro sports.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Late to the party.

After seeing the fiesta/civic Q what would be your dream car?

P.s. also fecked my knee playing hockey early on so knocked it on the head to keep playing grass rather than astro sports.

Dream Car, this is an easy one, Always loved Aston Martins, think they look so stylish & sleek without having all the silly angles of flashier cars & the sound they make is just delicious! So Aston Martin DB11 or Vanquish.

Played Hockey for 15 years & loved it, wasn't the same after I did my ACL though as I never really was the same despite doing everything I could to build myeslf back up. Did the cruciates again when at 32 & decided that was that. Managed to play at a decent level & would have loved to have seen what could have been without the injury but in reality I doubt I'd have gotten much more out of the game. Agree re: astrosports, even 6 a sides with my mates became a no no as my knee would be screaming at me for days after everytime I partook.

Just realised its the next Elf's turn from tomorrow & wanted to thank everyone on here who asked any questions, I genuinely had a really enjoyable time answering them all & it definitely brought back some memories that made me laugh.
    Thanks again y'all!!

Advertisement