Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Targeting posters for their views in another forum

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Water off a ducks back Johnny. Not thin skinned like a few of the folk around here.

Neck like a jockey's bollix on me, Paddy. You need to have in my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He was itching to post in this thread for the last 5 days but wanted to play it cool lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nafisjedriel

Random anonymous Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire people on the Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

I hold crypto but would certainly be wary, if not critical to many aspects. The concept of on chain governance exists on many PoS chains but this has been shown to be insecrure. Anyone with enough funds can railroad a blockchain with multiple validators masquerading as individual validators, this would require some agreed form of proof of individuality.

My day job involves researching utilitity of blockchain technologies but I look mostly at Hyperledger rather than some crypto based chain and there are definitely use cases there and it's something I believe in. I would also welcome greater regulation of the crypto market, even if that means I see fewer gains due to reduced volatility, there's far too many cowboys and often the same ones showing up time and time again.

EDIT: And only now do I release this is a zombie thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

great thread though, it’s like a return of the good old days of boards.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement