Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Kilconierin - house, just wondering

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ reap-a-rat

If you look at the satellite view on Google maps, it looks like the road takes you in to a really big house, probably an old Manor house of something - looks really big and at the back of it there seems to be loads of stables, sheds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭ Milly33

Ah thank you I shall try that this evening, would love to see it as in a pic of it or something.. Love these old houses..had a look at land registry but tisnt showing up or maybe i was just to tired looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭ DeadSkin

Milly33 wrote: »
    Just like to know things in the area really, I keep passing this gate https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2541385,-8.6766659,3a,75y,213.91h,91.9t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sIS9xuVnefJI_7JIYvMXJhQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i51and im mad to know what is beyond is it an old house or castle etc. It is on the road from Loughrea - Athenry just beyond the church. Does anyone know whats there

Thanks

Looks to be Holly Park - http://www.landedestates.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/property-show.jsp?id=644

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭ flazio

If you go to geohive (on a PC, not a mobile device) you'll be able to see the historic context and the building might even be identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ motley

Yes. Holypark House. ONce owned by the Blake family. Now it is privately owned with a horse training operation in the back of the property. Unfortunately it is not publicly accessible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭ Milly33

Thank you so much!! Whoop mystery solved,god it looked great in its hayday, going to have to do a bit of research into it, love old buildings.. Or maybe ill haev to get me a horse.. thanks again

Advertisement