Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilconierin - house, just wondering

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

If you look at the satellite view on Google maps, it looks like the road takes you in to a really big house, probably an old Manor house of something - looks really big and at the back of it there seems to be loads of stables, sheds etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah thank you I shall try that this evening, would love to see it as in a pic of it or something.. Love these old houses..had a look at land registry but tisnt showing up or maybe i was just to tired looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Milly33 wrote: »
    Just like to know things in the area really, I keep passing this gate https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2541385,-8.6766659,3a,75y,213.91h,91.9t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sIS9xuVnefJI_7JIYvMXJhQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i51and im mad to know what is beyond is it an old house or castle etc. It is on the road from Loughrea - Athenry just beyond the church. Does anyone know whats there

Thanks

Looks to be Holly Park - http://www.landedestates.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/property-show.jsp?id=644

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you go to geohive (on a PC, not a mobile device) you'll be able to see the historic context and the building might even be identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

Yes. Holypark House. ONce owned by the Blake family. Now it is privately owned with a horse training operation in the back of the property. Unfortunately it is not publicly accessible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thank you so much!! Whoop mystery solved,god it looked great in its hayday, going to have to do a bit of research into it, love old buildings.. Or maybe ill haev to get me a horse.. thanks again

Advertisement