Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Irish forestry investors in line for sale windfall

• 20-05-2019 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ lcwill

I have a few shares in some of these forestry funds from a long time ago - had more or less written them off, especially after disappointing results from the sale of earlier funds.

It will be interesting to see what price they have managed to achieve.

I guess the fund managers had just had enough of the hassle. It seems like they have sold a whole load of the Irish forestry funds, some of which were 30 year funds, not due to mature for another 10 years.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish/forestry-investors-in-line-for-sale-windfall-38124848.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭ LionelNashe

I got a letter today. Will have to wait and see, I suppose, what the return is. I had never written it off in my head, but I had tempered my expectations. Will be annoyed if their definition of a ‘strong offer’ is just spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ older i get better i was

I got a letter today. Will have to wait and see, I suppose, what the return is. I had never written it off in my head, but I had tempered my expectations. Will be annoyed if their definition of a ‘strong offer’ is just spin.

Prepare to be annoyed so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭ PCeeeee

Prepare to be annoyed so...

Have you definite info?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭ gordongekko

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Have you definite info?

I'd agree with the poster. I've a feeling we will be seriously let down when we compare the return to the original expectations. Most of the profit on forestry is the return once the forests have matured

I don't disagree. Given the nature of the comms this far it sounds about right.

I was just wondering if he knew more than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

Has anyone heard anything further on this 'Sale' and proceeds being distributed ?

I thought we were to hear and receive payments in late July ..Was I wrong to presume July 2019 ????

No word for me anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,086 ✭✭✭✭ Harry Palmr

The cheques will be sent out August 16th.

The cheques will be sent out August 16th.

Harry, do you mind me asking how you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ lcwill

There is another thread on this topic in the Forestry forum which is a bit more active than this one: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057982188/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

Where is the thread gone about the Forestry Fund ???..there was 26 pages of discussion and it was active up to yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ lcwill

tomgilboy wrote: »
    Where is the thread gone about the Forestry Fund ???..there was 26 pages of discussion and it was active up to yesterday ?

Very strange - warning from Veon lawyers?

Got my cheques today though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chiefd

What was the warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ older i get better i was

There's another thread on these funds live now..

Advertisement