Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish forestry investors in line for sale windfall

• 20-05-2019 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

I have a few shares in some of these forestry funds from a long time ago - had more or less written them off, especially after disappointing results from the sale of earlier funds.

It will be interesting to see what price they have managed to achieve.

I guess the fund managers had just had enough of the hassle. It seems like they have sold a whole load of the Irish forestry funds, some of which were 30 year funds, not due to mature for another 10 years.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish/forestry-investors-in-line-for-sale-windfall-38124848.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I got a letter today. Will have to wait and see, I suppose, what the return is. I had never written it off in my head, but I had tempered my expectations. Will be annoyed if their definition of a ‘strong offer’ is just spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭older i get better i was

I got a letter today. Will have to wait and see, I suppose, what the return is. I had never written it off in my head, but I had tempered my expectations. Will be annoyed if their definition of a ‘strong offer’ is just spin.

Prepare to be annoyed so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Prepare to be annoyed so...

Have you definite info?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Have you definite info?

I'd agree with the poster. I've a feeling we will be seriously let down when we compare the return to the original expectations. Most of the profit on forestry is the return once the forests have matured

I don't disagree. Given the nature of the comms this far it sounds about right.

I was just wondering if he knew more than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

Has anyone heard anything further on this 'Sale' and proceeds being distributed ?

I thought we were to hear and receive payments in late July ..Was I wrong to presume July 2019 ????

No word for me anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The cheques will be sent out August 16th.

The cheques will be sent out August 16th.

Harry, do you mind me asking how you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lcwill

There is another thread on this topic in the Forestry forum which is a bit more active than this one: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057982188/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 tomgilboy

Where is the thread gone about the Forestry Fund ???..there was 26 pages of discussion and it was active up to yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lcwill

tomgilboy wrote: »
    Where is the thread gone about the Forestry Fund ???..there was 26 pages of discussion and it was active up to yesterday ?

Very strange - warning from Veon lawyers?

Got my cheques today though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chiefd

What was the warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭older i get better i was

There's another thread on these funds live now..

Advertisement