Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instagram models

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Banned from Instagram so I guess I can’t have an opinion but I’ve seen lads especially lads from the east being wayyy too Pervy on the pictures.

asking for the bobs and vagine pics and saying u boootiful

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

example Vogue Williams, insta model, former dj/wag/radio presenter/author etc and now married to some well to do royal family member with a rich doddy...hopefully she'll stop getting airtime with poor documentaries on RTE

Yeah, like the top 1% end up doing that well. The rest end up fending for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

asking for the bobs and vagine pics and saying u boootiful

Baby jirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Come on lets face but since we've lived in caves women have wanted to stand out and be noticed.
    I'm sorry but evolution has shaped our brains and not the advancement in women's rights since the 1960s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Come on lets face but since we've lived in caves women have wanted to stand out and be noticed.
    I'm sorry but evolution has shaped our brains and not the advancement in women's rights since the 1960s.

Yes but the real question for how long have they wanted to go to Dubai to have some prince **** on them?

https://blacksportsonline.com/2018/08/anonymous-ig-model-breaks-down-how-much-money-she-makes-going-to-dubai-to-get-pooped-on/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

If only everything that was sh1t about life was as easy to circumnavigate by simply not actively allowing it to be under your gaze on your own device.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Influencers isnt that the term.

Does anyone check how effective it might be?

Influencer Arii, who has 2.6 million followers, couldn't sell 36 T-shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

It creates a more horizontal distribution of advertising revenue so that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

What happens to these people in 15-20 years time when their looks fade and guys no longer salivate over them.

You won't have to wait that long. In ireland it will be next recession fully hits in the next 12 months. I don't know how meager pharmacy can stay going throwing out the amount of stuff to Irish Intragrammers. That's just one example. Also in the UK look at the amount of Instrgammers getting into serious financial and mental health difficulties...like former Lover Island contestant. Read an article last week in order to live like Molly Mae's Instagram page you would next a 6 figure income annually

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's just an extension of the cult of celebrity It's not new, it's just the latest evolution via reality tv shows of people who with big egos who train themselves to have nice bodies to hid the fact that they have no talent .

i find it's mostly women who do it and mostly women who follow them to be honest.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Apparently some instagram models whore themselves out to rich Arabs in Dubai who pay them serious amounts of money to do disgusting things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

There's a great bit in Hypernormalisation, the Adam Curtis documentary [actually the whole thing is great]. It's just a passing moment but it focuses on Jane Fonda, and how she went from trying to change the world - however misguided her efforts might be interpreted by some with the visits to Vietnam during the war with the US - to improving herself with the workout videos in the 1980s.

Specific part starts at 0:55. The instagram models, they are a symptom of this. Nobody in the decades leading up to the 70s would have engaged in the type of vanity we see today, but it gradually gained momentum. It became normalised in the 80s, solidified in the last 20 years.

You can't change the world, so why better. Focus on yourself. Generation Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The vanity we see today is almost like a backlash against feminism.
    'Hey, we want to be recognised for our intellect but don't I have a great body!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The vanity we see today is almost like a backlash against feminism.
    'Hey, we want to be recognised for our intellect but don't I have a great body!'

Vanity has never gone away. It just has an accessible platform now.

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    There's a great bit in Hypernormalisation, the Adam Curtis documentary [actually the whole thing is great]. It's just a passing moment but it focuses on Jane Fonda, and how she went from trying to change the world - however misguided her efforts might be interpreted by some with the visits to Vietnam during the war with the US - to improving herself with the workout videos in the 1980s.

Specific part starts at 0:55. The instagram models, they are a symptom of this. Nobody in the decades leading up to the 70s would have engaged in the type of vanity we see today, but it gradually gained momentum. It became normalised in the 80s, solidified in the last 20 years.

You can't change the world, so why better. Focus on yourself. Generation Me.

It's often said that changing the world is a selfish thing to do - you're ultimately cleaning it to suit you.

Hitler changed the world and see how that turned out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

These social media queens are depressing. The fact that so many young women aspire to be like them is worrying. I see some young thing has gone viral in a sex tape and all she cares about is the extra followers!

armaghlad wrote: »
    I see some young thing has gone viral in a sex tape and all she cares about is the extra followers!

That is tragic..you'd feel for her family..It'll come back to haunt her one would imagine..

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Instagram is endemic. I can't count the number of times I've been on a bus, tube, train or plane and caught sight of people endlessly scrolling, sometimes for hours, "liking" stuff or checking their own "likes" or cyber stalking others' profiles or whatever. Such a monstrous waste of time.

I disabled my own account a few weeks ago as I felt the affects it was having on me were toxic, I missed it for a few days or more like didn't know what else to be doing with my hands, I've since taken to reading or audiobooks on those long daily commutes instead and it's been a breath of fresh air.

Without realising it, the scrolling puts you on the back foot, feeling inadequate and insecure and "why don't I look like that" or "why isn't my life like that". When in reality it's just a toxic stream of Fake News you're looking at from people that are even more insecure than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

It's often said that changing the world is a selfish thing to do - you're ultimately cleaning it to suit you.

Hitler changed the world and see how that turned out...

Godwined :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Had a look at that video on the first page. Funny but ultimately left me shaking my head.

If you filtered narcissism and ego through volcanic rock for a thousand years, you still mightnt get the same purity of shoite that is social media.

Paying actual money for "followers", bots that pretend to be human, young girls purposefully posing for hours and manipulating photos all for the end result of an army of virtual perverts to comment vacuous nonsense like "love your ass".

And everyone pretending to love it on all sides, glued to phones every waking second of every day, while everyone on all sides are slowly dying inside.

Fuuk every single atom of it!

• Advertisement

Think you need to look up the definition of "Godwin" there - i never actually compared anyone to a Nazi - I just said it was a selfish thing to do.

I could have used Trump, Obama, Greta Thunberg or Extintion Rebellion as examples!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Is there a law yet for inaccurate references to Godwin's Law?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I think the ones who constantly articulate their thoughts on instagram stories are the strangest of all. They could be sitting on a bus or walking down the street and they'd be recording themselves talking about random stuff. It's like a video diary for the world to see and then it disappears after 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Everyone seems to want to bash them ....when in actuality they are doing no one any harm.

Everyone seems to want to bash them ....when in actuality they are doing no one any harm.

Are they not quite possibly adversely affecting the mental health of young women?..

Is there a law yet for inaccurate references to Godwin's Law?

Disagree with you here - they are promoting some very unhealthy charactaristics such as narcissism.

Advertisement