Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of a pint in your local

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well I obviously never paid £24 for a pint. Using that as an extreme example over here. But that beer was a once off, is 11% and never will make it into cans.

What are publicans paying for a keg of Guinness these days, charging over a fiver and how come its almost half price over here? Can't all be duty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

RasTa wrote: »
    What are publicans paying for a keg of Guinness these days, charging over a fiver and how come its almost half price over here? Can't all be duty
    "Closer to St. James' Gate, tastes better, boss"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Free if you put $20 in the poker machine at the bar. So, $20 then or $3-$5 depending on what beer. Not a pint though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Slattsy wrote: »
    If you pay for craft beer you're being over charged.

I dont now about that

5 euro for wicklow wolf larger and its a very tasty beer
    porter in the same pub is 4.90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Heading to my local at the crossroads here in mid cork in a few minutes. €4.20 for Guinness and Murphy’s. €3.80 Beamish and I think €4.50 for lager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

i don't agree , you can be overcharged. But I'll pay 6e a pint if I like the stuff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

4.95 for a Pint Bottle of Bulmers in my local.

About 4.60 for a Guinness, Heineken or Carlsberg.

Used to do Tuborg for 3.50, Carling too but they mysteriously stopped that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

€4.30 in one and €4.10 in another. Prefer the 4.30 one. Lovely atmosphere. Jemmy €3.80 and a g+t is only €5.10

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Fair enough if you haven't found a craft beer you like or feel it's worth paying for, but I could make the equally valid/pointless argument that if you're paying for Budweiser/Coors/Carlsberg/whatever you're being overcharged. It's all down to a) personal taste; and b) what people perceive as being value for money. Personally I prefer to spend more money on what I believe to be a higher quality product that I'll drink less of, rather than on a load of pints of something I feel is a poorer quality beer and therefore represents, to me, poor value for money. But each to their own, who am I to tell anyone else what they should drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Been sober for over 6 days now so couldn’t tell you what price of a pint is these days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Zaph wrote: »
    Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Fair enough if you haven't found a craft beer you like or feel it's worth paying for, but I could make the equally valid/pointless argument that if you're paying for Budweiser/Coors/Carlsberg/whatever you're being overcharged. It's all down to a) personal taste; and b) what people perceive as being value for money. Personally I prefer to spend more money on what I believe to be a higher quality product that I'll drink less of, rather than on a load of pints of something I feel is a poorer quality beer and therefore represents, to me, poor value for money. But each to their own, who am I to tell anyone else what they should drink?

*strokes beard with a high sense of superiority*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

*strokes beard with a high sense of superiority*
    If people are happy to pay the prices for something other than the usual run-of-the-mill beers, then what's the big deal?

I hear plenty of people say the likes of Bud, Heineken and Carlsberg taste like piss. Surely there shouldn't be a problem in looking for another option? It's going to be more expensive because its not mass-produced and mass-marketed like the other but if they're happy paying it for what they perceive to be higher quality, what's the big deal?

Similarly, if people want to drink the usual stuff, that's their business.

The comment that kicked it all off was an authorarive, sneering line about people paying more for what they believe to be better quality. Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen similar comments made in the opposite direction.Why should anyone care what some randomer on the Internet thinks about their drinking preferences?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

Your Face wrote: »
    I see the point of the thread now.

How do you know for sure whats on the other end of tap 14?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

It’s that rare that I actually get out for a pint, so terrible as it is to say it....I didn’t know & I don’t care as I’m just happy to be out!

Considering you can buy 24 cans of Guinness or Heniken for €24 quid in the supermarkets it's you lads getting ripped off in the locals.

No pint of the big stuff should be costing over a fiver ever. That's the crafty price point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Considering you can buy 24 cans of Guinness or Heniken for €24 quid in the supermarkets it's you lads getting ripped off in the locals.

No pint of the big stuff should be costing over a fiver ever. That's the crafty price point.

Why should the "crafty" price point be higher? Just because some lad makes it in a shed and calls it Goblins Foreskin?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭yurtyaherne

€5.70 for a long neck (330ml) bottle of Heineken 0.0!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

wtf

Why should the "crafty" price point be higher? Just because some lad makes it in a shed and calls it Goblins Foreskin?

More ingredients, higher ABV and lower output. 1m kegs a day v 1,000

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Carlsberg is probably the best crafted beer in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

More ingredients, higher ABV and lower output. 1m kegs a day v 1,000
    its also a marketing strategy to put the price point above that of the "commercial" stuff

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

K750, or about €0.44

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

coredev123 wrote: »
    In Malahide, a pint of Heineken is €5.80. I hate paying it, but I love the pub.

It’s €6.10 for a pint of Heineken in that filthy kip Gibneys

its also a marketing strategy to put the price point above that of the "commercial" stuff

No it's not. The plant in dublin has an annual output of 82.9 million hectolitres

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I gave up for 6 months about 3 years ago. But the most amazing thing was the price of non alcoholic beers, total rip off.

The cheapest pint ( Guinness ) around south Dublin is generally € 4.80 in a public house, I am sure someone from Loughlinstown or Sallynoggin will pipe up now but that's generally the best bar price around, you will generally get a reduction of 50 c in sports clubs.

I was off Grafton Street last night and was charged € 5.60 for a Guinness, I have been charged € 5.90 in town before.:mad:

I think craft beer is overrated piss. Especially at the piss take prices.

Anyone drinking Carlsberg should be on the Tuborg, it is the same beer.

I would love to hear from any langers who drink Murphys or Beamish regular. How much is it a pint in Cork City ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

€3.90 for a glass of red bull !

no wonder people are staying home

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Paid £3 fir a pint last night, pub down the road does pints for £2.60

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Paid £3 fir a pint last night, pub down the road does pints for £2.60

Limavady ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it a rough pub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Limavady ?

Cheshire, my locals grand, pub down the road....wouldnt be my thing...full of students.

Advertisement