Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronaldo donates 1.5 mil to Palestinians

Options

Comments

Of course the Israelis should be allowed to defend themselves. But you can hardly say the Israelis response to a Palestinian attack is proportionate!

I do not deny the Jews have had a hard time of it. But you have a country and its governments systematically eradicating the Palestinian presence in Israel.
    I didn't claim the Israeli response is proportionate. I agree with the objectives of the State of Palestine, I believe in the rule of international law.

The *only* thing I disagree with is the criticism of the Israeli defence budget. If any nation has ever, ever needed that kind of defence, it's Israel. Anti-semitisim is the oldest, most psychotic and most well-developed of all ethnic hatreds.

The last country to renounce/ repudiate the Atomic Bomb should be Israel. But they'll have to do their part by ending illegal occupations in Palestine, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Of course the Israelis should be allowed to defend themselves. But you can hardly say the Israelis response to a Palestinian attack is proportionate!

I do not deny the Jews have had a hard time of it. But you have a country and its governments systematically eradicating the Palestinian presence in Israel.

The Israeli government is constantly changing the goal posts and constantly grabbing land.

Would you fight if someone tried to walk into your house and claim it as theirs because of their religion???????

Actually there were many palestinian jews there already. And they wanted their own state because they had been massacred in Hebron by palestinian mulims. Lots of Jews were deported to palestine by Hitler. They were FORCED to go. The grand mufti Amin al-Hussein supported Hitler.

The British split the land in two and gave half to the palestinians half to the jews.

When this happened most Arab countries deported their Jews to Palestine and a pan arab allied force declared war. They lost.

Most Jews in Israel have at least one grandparent who was an original Palestinian jew they also have grandparents who were forced to go through circumstance.

That is not to say everything Israel has done is right. There is no wrong or right side in reconciliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I have zero issue with people giving money to palestinians providing it goes to the people etc and not Hamas/fatah.

Israel has given gaza BACK to the Palestinians. They have withdrawn.

Hamas attacked Israel after they handed Gaza back. The thing that caused the most violence recently was giving land back to Palestinians.

Its not as simple as you think.

There are still west bank settlements though you might be thinking of them.

Plus years ago arab countries were on the side of palestine. That has changed now. Egypt now occupies part of the west bank.

Anyway Israeli and Palestine are trying to broker a ceasefire right now. Only fatah and hamas hate each other more than they hate israel apparently.

Hamas is willing to compromise with Israel ...but not with fatah.....UNBELIEVABLE but according to the latests talks its true.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2019/05/gaza-islamic-jihad-egypt-palestinian-reconciliation-abbas.html

I don't know if people realize but its an important time and a lot is happening right now. Its not been in the news though. But Egypt is trying to broker a peace deal.

Fatah wants a diplomatic way hamas insists on armed resistance.

I support Israel by the way ...but i also support peace between palestinians and israelis in whatever form it needs to be.

I think people don't realize we don't live there...we don't know what its like for israelis to go into bomb shelters when the sirens go etc. And how emotional that might make a people.

I would say just after an attack if you ask Palestinians and Israelis their opinions on the streets you would get much more extreme answers than if you waited a few months. Its like the reaction after 9/11.

I agree that coverage of that particular part of the region is sorely lacking. But I cannot agree that Israel is not the major aggressor here.

The Palestinians are no angels and yes there is in fighting. The Israel stance towards Palestine is becoming more hardline.

I know the Israelis have to take shelter during rocekt attacks on land that they took from the Palestinians, but what about the Palestinians!? Where are their bomb shelters?

I didn't claim the Israeli response is proportionate. I agree with the objectives of the State of Palestine, I believe in the rule of international law.

The *only* thing I disagree with is the criticism of the Israeli defence budget. If any nation has ever, ever needed that kind of defence, it's Israel. Anti-semitisim is the oldest, most psychotic and most well-developed of all ethnic hatreds.

The last country to renounce/ repudiate the Atomic Bomb should be Israel. But they'll have to do their part by ending illegal occupations in Palestine, of course.

Maybe if Israel took the moral high ground and sued for peace, they would garner a lot more support.

If Israel turned around tomorrow and said **** it, no matter what happens we are not going to land grab and play fair, they wouldn't be vilified like there are so rightly now. It's always about the Israelis being Jews and not about the Israelis being a shower of cnuts who ignore international law.

Act like a Cnut and be treated like one.

Its more the fact that their neighbors are the Jordanian Royal Family , Assad , Yemin , lebanon etc.

All of these places use torture.

All of these places discriminate massively against Palestinians too ironically particularly Lebanon.

• Advertisement

Its more the fact that their neighbors are the Jordanian Royal Family , Assad , Yemin , lebanon etc.

All of these places discriminate massively against Palestinians too ironically particularly Lebanon.

Half of the Middle East is firmly lodged in the dark ages, but that does not give Israel carte blanche to do whatever it wants.

Just because everyone else is a Cnut doesn't mean you should be.

I agree that coverage of that particular part of the region is sorely lacking. But I cannot agree that Israel is not the major aggressor here.

The Palestinians are no angels and yes there is in fighting. The Israel stance towards Palestine is becoming more hardline.

I know the Israelis have to take shelter during rocekt attacks on land that they took from the Palestinians, but what about the Palestinians!? Where are their bomb shelters?

Their government doesn't let them even leave during an attack.

Israelis tried to build bomb shelters for them at one point hamas linked them into underground tunnels for their operatives to smuggle stuff instead its not safe now for civillians to use them because Eygpt routinely blows them up with people INSIDE.

There WERE bomb shelters in gaza. They put bombs in them.

Hamas has a martyrdom ideology 'welcome death ' etc.

Its seen as strong.

They have bomb shelters for bombs.

Besides Hamas and the PA are like tentatively clinging to power right now. Their own people are getting sick of them.

They are not really a legit govt anymore.

Hamas doesn't want to build a palestinian nation it wants to destroy an israeli one.

They had unra shelters ...hamas put bombs there ....israel attacked ...44 civillians died. It was a cluster ****.

UNRWA announced that rockets had been found in their schools themselves so there was no denying it.
    UNRWA denounced the actions as "flagrant violations of the inviolability of its premises N Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon, charged the fact that UN facilities were used by Palestinian militant involved in the fighting to store their weaponry and, in two cases, probably to fire from is "unacceptable"

Unraw basically stated they realized hamas meant to fire from their premises.

Everytime people build bomb shelters for Palestinians ...hamas puts bombs in them.

Even unrwa staff were killed.
    UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay said on 31 July 2014 that both Hamas militants and Israel might have committed war crimes.

Which is probably true. It was a cluster ****. You probably remember it was in the news.

Their government doesn't let them even leave during an attack.

Israelis tried to build bomb shelters for them at one point hamas linked them into underground tunnels for their operatives to smuggle stuff instead its not safe now for civillians to use them because Eygpt routinely blows them up with people INSIDE.

There WERE bomb shelters in gaza. They put bombs in them.

Hamas has a martyrdom ideology 'welcome death ' etc.

Its seen as strong.

They have bomb shelters for bombs.

Besides Hamas and the PA are like tentatively clinging to power right now. Their own people are getting sick of them.

They are not really a legit govt anymore.

Hamas doesn't want to build a palestinian nation it wants to destroy an israeli one.

No one can ever claim Hamas are innocent or they don't have an agenda. But if you and your people were displaced and thrown off your own land, would you not fight?!

Are you trying to tell me Hamas are the only thing standing between the Israelis and Palestine holding hands and singing Kum ba yah....................!

Israel will never know an ounce of peace while they continue to oppress the Palestinian people. They have the might, the technology, the means to put and end to this? Oppression will only every breed contempt and resistance to it.

Israel are the big fish in a small pond calling all the shots. Their aggressive and brutal approach towards the Palestinian problem will only ever garner the response it does today by the international community (except the US of course).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Then look at the history of the Jews over the past 80 years, 150 years, 200 years, 500 years...

The Zionist project since before the First World War has always been a targeted, aggressive and imperialistic takeover of a sovereign people. In fact at the beginning, it was seen merely as a means of the British Empire cementing it's sphere of influence in the region.

In 1882 there were 24,000 Jews in Palestine. In 1914 there were 85,000. Jewish landowning skyrocketed as wealthy international Jews bought land from absentee landlords and evicted the tenant farmers, many of whom had been working the land for generations. In the 1930s Zionist movements collaborated with the Nazis in ramping up immigration levels to Palestine. In 1934 Jewish immigration to Palestine was 33,337 whereas in 1930 it was only 4,944.

Jewish people are long suffering, but with regards the situation in Palestine one side is more to blame than the other. Fair play Ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Yeah but its not the real Ronaldo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,987 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I have zero issue with people giving money to palestinians providing it goes to the people etc and not Hamas/fatah.

Israel has given gaza BACK to the Palestinians. They have withdrawn.

....in order to concentrate efforts on seizing more of the West Bank and Arab East Jerusalem. They still control all resources and the borders. This has been pointed out to you before.

I think people don't realize we don't live there...we don't know what its like for israelis to go into bomb shelters when the sirens go etc. And how emotional that might make a people.

.....given the death toll amongst Palestinians thats painting an over dramatic picture. However on the occassions that does happen, the Israeli population might ask themselves if theres a link between what they inflict on Palestinians and the states land theft and the rockets being fired at them.

So does Israel. Legally and illegally.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israeli-style-torture-as-described-by-the-interrogators-themselves-1.5489853
    Children aren't spared

https://www.btselem.org/publications/summaries/200107_torture_of_minors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Ever notice that most conflicts are in warm parts of the planet? I used to work in hotels and pubs and pretty much every chef I came across was completely mental in every way imaginable. I wonder have any studies been done into the effect of prolonged heat on the aggressive part of the human brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Classy individual. Unlike that meanspirited little dwarf messi.

What exactly has Messi done that would indicate he's meanspirited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Bet he's spend a lot than that fighting his rape case.
    I'm not anti Semitic but I do have a huge issue with the Israeli governments policy towards Palestine as a whole. I can't fathom how a people who were so persecuted not so long ago can now effectively try and eradicate the palestians by land grabbing and displacement.

The line below from the Hamas covenant might give you some idea as to why they take such a hard line against them.
    Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.

Berserker wrote: »
    Bet he's spend a lot than that fighting his rape case.

The line below from the Hamas covenant might give you some idea as to why they take such a hard line against them.

They were doing much the same the same to the palestinians long before Hamas was founded.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

that will go a long way to taking care of ak47 creche traing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I wonder what the money will be spent on? What do you think OP?

Lots and lots of Bottle rockets for the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Odhinn wrote: »
    They were doing much the same the same to the palestinians long before Hamas was founded.
    Am I bothered? Look at my face, not bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Wow so Ronaldo has just gave Hamas 1.5 Million.

What a jihadi supporting scumbag, I will be Team Messi from now on ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Love him or hate him, or anything in between, Ronaldo has for a long time been one of the most generous athletes out there when it comes to charity.

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »
    Am I bothered? Look at my face, not bothered
    This post is a pretty good example of why they turned to Hamas. A lot of people simply didn't care while they were being eradicated off the map and the other side was refusing to listen at all, so they turned to the terrorists and extremists instead.

Now if only I could think of one other example in history where that happened............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Genorous gift from him and hopefully it stops some of the Palestinians from starving to death, sure some will portray him as an anti semite because of this donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

New age leftists think any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic which of course it isn't.

Israel seems to overreact to everything. Palastine children throw stones at soilders at the border. Response is to fire teargas at them.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    New age leftists think any criticism of Israel is anti-Semitic which of course it isn't.

Israel seems to overreact to everything. Palastine children throw stones at soilders at the border. Response is to fire teargas at them.

...or drag them off, beat the crap out of them until they name others, who they drag off and beat the crap out of and so on.

Or march them in front of patrols/tie them to the front of land rovers as human shields.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

kona wrote: »
    Much cheaper ways to do some pr.

I doubt PR has much or anything to do with it. For as many people who will applaud and commend this gesture it will sure as shít put him in the firing line, maybe even quite literally.

And yet it's the right side of centre that is more likely to be supportive of the state of Israel. Putin, Trump*, Orban, Kurz, Salvini, Bolsanaro, Kaczynski, you name them and they're quite likely to be friendly with Bibi.

*Trump had a partial pass as this is typically the case for any US leader, until that is he went cranked it up to 11 by moving the fecking embassy.

Meanwhile, the guy that the right loves to hate like no other (Trudeau's government) has previously criticised Israel on a number of issues (and is probably Saudi's biggest critic, another thing that many conveniently try to ignore).

Jacinda Adhern (who also drew the ire of quite a few on the right for how well she handled the Christchurch shooting) has also been quite critical of the "one sided" nature of the death toll in Israel. By the way, if I didn't follow up with this sentence, one of our resident right wingers would probably predictably come along and accuse this of being anti Semitic, as if she were saying she also wanted to see dead Israeli's/Jews.

The EU - a favourite "left wing boogeyman" on here and elsewhere, have also been staunch critics of Israel on a number of occasions, including on recent issues.

Basically, you are very wide of the mark with that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fair play to Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Strumms wrote: »
    I doubt PR has much or anything to do with it. For as many people who will applaud and commend this gesture it will sure as shít put him in the firing line, maybe even quite literally.

Indeed, not sure if he has much of a profile in America but his career is now finished stateside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Billy86 wrote: »
    This post is a pretty good example of why they turned to Hamas. A lot of people simply didn't care while they were being eradicated off the map and the other side was refusing to listen at all, so they turned to the terrorists and extremists instead.

Yeah, the Palestinian cause has no supporters around the world, whatsoever! How many countries in Europe support Israel and their actions in the area?

Tear gas is fired when people try and break the fence. If/When people engage in peaceful protest, nothing happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wow so Ronaldo has just gave Hamas 1.5 Million.

What a jihadi supporting scumbag, I will be Team Messi from now on ....

Nelson Mandela was once labelled a terrorist.

Advertisement