Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man with a van or skip?

Options
  • 11-05-2019 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭

How do the costs compare in Galway between a skip & getting a licensed person to remove household waste ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There's cityjunk which will come collect or the citybin recycling centre in oranmore which would be cheaper to haul a carload there yourself.

There's also those smaller canvas skips they sell at B&Q which include pickup. It was sufficient for a bathroom remodel for us.

Last there's anyvan.ie where you can put out a contract of what you need and get bids. I got a couch picked up and delivered from Dublin that way once.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There's cityjunk which will come collect or the citybin recycling centre in oranmore which would be cheaper to haul a carload there yourself.

There's also those smaller canvas skips they sell at B&Q which include pickup. It was sufficient for a bathroom remodel for us.

Last there's anyvan.ie where you can put out a contract of what you need and get bids. I got a couch picked up and delivered from Dublin that way once.

Thanks. I know that you have to be careful to ensure they are licensed

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Used cityjunk recently to clear out a house. 200 for a van full seemed like a good price to me. It's a decent sized box van. And no risk like with a skip of having someone else "help" you fill it if its left outside am empty house for a few days.
    If you just have a few items they do per item pick up too but I think council large item collection is cheaper if you have things they will take.
    If you have a way to move items yourself liosbaun council yard takes wood metal hard plastic and electrical items free of charge if you are able to get stuff there you can save quiet a bit of money

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

That sounds like a good option especially as I can't get a skip in the drive

Advertisement