Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

RedRaider0 wrote: »
    Will McFadden or Rob K play for Leinster again?

Their contracts are finished the end of the month, they were only extended until September to cover the end of the season. Rob might make an appearance if Larmour gets injured, but I think Ferg would struggle to get ahead of Kelleher for any of the Champions Cup games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RedRaider0

Their contracts have finished I think. They were only extended until September to cover the end of the season

they are still training with leinster at the minute... and are available for selection this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Will McFadden or Rob K play for Leinster again?

Not unless we see another injury in the back 3. And even then it would be one of them on the bench for the SF. Don't think they are contracted up to the HEC final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Synode wrote: »
    I don't think that works in Ireland (it didn't last time I looked about 18 months ag0). Think you have to get NowTV with the Sports Extra pass.

Ah cool. That looks better. Seems to be €17pm for NowTv with just Sports Extra. And you cancel at anytime...

they are still training with leinster at the minute... and are available for selection this weekend

Yeah I forgot about the champions cup, but as I edited into the post, Rob might get a chance if Larmour is injured, but I can't see Ferg beating out Adam Byrne or Cian Kelleher if there's any injuries. And Champions Cup knockout games aren't the time to give players a courtesy runout as a farewell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Niallof9 wrote: »
    Unreal how much hate Zebo gets. I find it distasteful and strange to be honest. He'll never go to Leinster but to imply Keenan is the better player is just nonsense. For me its part of why Irish rugby above provincial has turned a bit ****, we love to knock players who do something different either in size, or temperament or whatever. We much prefer the steady eddies and that's turned out so well at times. I often wonder would some of the old brigade make it these days with these standards.

Anyway he's not going to Leinster and yeah he wouldn't fit into the culture they've built. But he's one of the most talented/skillful back three players Ireland has produced for a while. He's fat, not as fast as made out and seems to be out of step with the monotone, monosyllabic, robotic culture of Irish rugby, but the day there's no place for a player like that in the game is the day its over. We are seeing similar now with Larmour and it feels like he's losing a bit of zip and focusing on the mundane.
    Only saw him in a few recent games for Metro, his defence was awful and he celebrated a run in from 10 meres like it was the greatest try of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

crisco10 wrote: »
    Ah cool. That looks better. Seems to be €17pm for NowTv with just Sports Extra. And you cancel at anytime...

You can get day and weekend passes too I think. Worth checking which option works out cheapest. I know for the pool stages I just did the weekend passes as 2 of those were cheaper than 1 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

crisco10 wrote: »

Haven't look in depth just yet. But I bought 3 months of NowTV sport pack to watch the F1

By the looks of things you can just add a day pass of BT to that for a tenner. Or a week pass for 15

Not too bad. Realistically I'd be watching this in the pub or the stadium under normal circumstances so I'm saving money ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Dont feed the beast!
    Vote with your wallet. They should be on free-to-air for the countries involved.

Dont feed the beast!
    Vote with your wallet. They should be on free-to-air for the countries involved.

Yes but they aren't.

My desire to stick it to the man doesn't extend far enough to miss this game.

Some things in life aren't in fact free. People need to reconcile with this more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

This might be the game to go for the 6/2 bench split. We know Saracens squad isn't as strong last year. Being able to out on another quality forward to chase or consolidate a lead could be crucial. Runs the risk of missing back 3 cover as we saw against Ulster.

Clegg wrote: »
    This might be the game to go for the 6/2 bench split. We know Saracens squad isn't as strong last year. Being able to out on another quality forward to chase or consolidate a lead could be crucial. Runs the risk of missing back 3 cover as we saw against Ulster.

Could do an awful lot worse than Max Deegan again at 23 with VDF or Connors at 20 and Fardy at 19. What an impact

• Registered Users Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Could do an awful lot worse than Max Deegan again at 23 with VDF or Connors at 20 and Fardy at 19. What an impact

Could be a way to have both Fardy and Baird in the squad too.

Likely sarries starting side?

1. Barrington
    2. George
    3. Koch
    4. Itoje
    5. Swinson
    6. Rhodes
    7. Wray
    8. Vunipola
    9. Wigglesworth
    10. Vunipola
    11. Maitland
    12. Barritt
    13. Daly
    14. Lewington
    15. Goode

Fardy has been pretty average since the return.. still doubt they'd drop him for Baird.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Likely sarries starting side?

1. Barrington
    2. George
    3. Koch
    4. Itoje
    5. Swinson
    6. Rhodes
    7. Wray
    8. Vunipola
    9. Wigglesworth
    10. Vunipola
    11. Maitland
    12. Barritt
    13. Daly
    14. Lewington
    15. Goode

as manu V started last weekend, it looks as though they will be going to Goode at 10... so.....

1. Barrington
    2. George
    3. Koch
    4. Itoje
    5. Swinson
    6. Rhodes
    7. Wray
    8. Vunipola
    9. Wigglesworth
    10. Goode
    11. Maitland
    12. Barritt
    13. Taylor
    14. Lewington
    15. Daly

although i wouldn't be at all surprised to see Manu V starting , especially if teher are questions about taylors fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

aloooof wrote: »
    I get the dislike Zebo attracts, but I think some people let that cloud their view of him.

In his last season with Ireland (2016/17) he played all but 6 minutes in the 6 Nations. He also started both games against NZ. (Meanwhile, Leinster had Zane Kirchener)

Whether he's good enough now is an entirely different question, admittedly.

I will never forget his last game for Munster at he RDS. A year later and the Leinster front row showed better spacial awareness to score a try that Munster could have had 1 or 2 of on his last appearance. Some of his passes found someone in the crowd too

Ruaidhri o'Connor thinks IRFU should make him an offer he cannot refuse. I can't see him coming back on a central contract at all and Munster seem to be well stocked in back 3 and Wootton goes back there next season IIRC. I think the covid19 situation is going to make new signings a rarity in the next 2 years as well.

Leinster are losing 5 players with only Parker as short term cover. Cannot see any other signing until 2022 barring the need for emergency cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    I will never forget his last game for Munster at he RDS. A year later and the Leinster front row showed better spacial awareness to score a try that Munster could have had 1 or 2 of on his last appearance. Some of his passes found someone in the crowd too

Ruaidhri o'Connor thinks IRFU should make him an offer he cannot refuse. I can't see him coming back on a central contract at all and Munster seem to be well stocked in back 3 and Wootton goes back there next season IIRC. I think the covid19 situation is going to make new signings a rarity in the next 2 years as well.

Leinster are losing 5 players with only Parker as short term cover. Cannot see any other signing until 2022 barring the need for emergency cover.
    Ruaidhri O'Connor is an absolute moron and brings up Ireland not picking Zebo at every opportunity. Also seems to think Madigan is in with a shout, genuinely hasn't a breeze what he's on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yes but they aren't.

My desire to stick it to the man doesn't extend far enough to miss this game.

Some things in life aren't in fact free. People need to reconcile with this more

And given I am spending a lot less on rugby (mainly match tickets) because of COVID, filling the coffers via TV money isn't the worst thing.

The months subscription is the same price as the Pro14 semi final terrace ticket after STH discount. hardly bonkers expensive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

LMAO at all the Leinster fans slagging Zebo's weight gain as if that's a reason not to sign him. What state was Isa in again before he came back from retirement in NZ? Can't find a photo now but he had a beer belly that cost a fair bit to acquire! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,315 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Zzippy wrote: »
    LMAO at all the Leinster fans slagging Zebo's weight gain as if that's a reason not to sign him. What state was Isa in again before he came back from retirement in NZ? Can't find a photo now but he had a beer belly that cost a fair bit to acquire! :D

After 2 years out of the game. Not 2 or 3 years playing in a different country. Huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

sydthebeat wrote: »
    as manu V started last weekend, it looks as though they will be going to Goode at 10... so.....

1. Barrington
    2. George
    3. Koch
    4. Itoje
    5. Swinson
    6. Rhodes
    7. Wray
    8. Vunipola
    9. Wigglesworth
    10. Goode
    11. Maitland
    12. Barritt
    13. Taylor
    14. Lewington
    15. Daly

although i wouldn't be at all surprised to see Manu V starting , especially if teher are questions about taylors fitness

I think Leinster hammer them. They'll have been focusing on this game since the Final last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

You take that back. Blasphemy. 2.5 years out of the game, here he is in pre-season in 2015:

Nacewa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Lol one was retired, the other is still playing.

And ya know, one is Isa Nacewa.

Isa or Zebo... who will Leinster fans idolise and who will be slated... hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Isa or Zebo... who will Leinster fans idolise and who will be slated... hmmm

Zzippy.

We'll slate Zzippy.

The blaspheming bollocks.

What's the equivalent of a Lunster fan if it's Connacht instead Zzippy?

Cunster?

Or maybe a shorter version of that?

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

If Leinster are looking for a former test winger who likes their food, lost all their form in France and would be available during the international window, they'd be better off going after Savea than Zebo. Also he would be easier to understand than someone from Cork 😆

Bit of noise about tickets for the weekend given the new 200 limit. They'd nearly have to play in Thomond or Ravenhill given the covid situation in Dublin!

• Advertisement

Bit of noise about tickets for the weekend given the new 200 limit. They'd nearly have to play in Thomond or Ravenhill given the covid situation in Dublin!

There's talk of spectators?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement