Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

For any season ticket holders who bought tickets for the Saracens match, have you heard anything about refunds? I haven't heard anything, but friends who bought via the public sale have got confirmation that they are getting refunds

I already have my actual refund. Landed in my revolut about 3 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

errlloyd wrote: »
    I already have my actual refund. Landed in my revolut about 3 days ago.

Just realised that I was checking the incorrect account to see if I had the refund :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

For any season ticket holders who bought tickets for the Saracens match, have you heard anything about refunds? I haven't heard anything, but friends who bought via the public sale have got confirmation that they are getting refunds

Mine landed back in my credit card account this morning. I didn't take my allocated seats but bought in the season ticket holder sale before the general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

So what did people indicate in the questionnaire today, out of curiousity?

It seemed to imply at the end you almost locked yourself into a decision, but I presume that is not the case.

I emailed them about this and just got a reply now, it’s just a survey the money will be credited back to your season ticket account and you can do whichever you choose at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

salmocab wrote: »
    I emailed them about this and just got a reply now, it’s just a survey the money will be credited back to your season ticket account and you can do whichever you choose at the time.

That's good but it certainly does read that way as it says if you don't complete it your credit will be returned (so that's happening for everyone regardless!).

Anyway, I heard the 'special membership' is going to be €120-€150 for some bits and pieces (ST scarf maybe, if they were made in.China they would have been on the boat pre covid).

There will also be the option to buy tickets in the RDS should they be able to have a very small number of supporters for games (all areas except the terrace) while social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Fireball81 wrote: »
    That's good but it certainly does read that way as it says if you don't complete it your credit will be returned (so that's happening for everyone regardless!).

Anyway, I heard the 'special membership' is going to be €120-€150 for some bits and pieces (ST scarf maybe, if they were made in.China they would have been on the boat pre covid).

There will also be the option to buy tickets in the RDS should they be able to have a very small number of supporters for games (all areas except the terrace) while social distancing.

Not sure I'd pay that to be honest.

troyzer wrote: »
    Not sure I'd pay that to be honest.

There would be no value in it, I’d have thought maybe 50. I won’t be paying pretty much half the price of my season ticket for membership when I might not even get to a match on it and presumably would have to pay for a ticket too.
    That said there are no details yet so I’ll hold my whist until there is actual news.

There would be no value in it, I’d have thought maybe 50. I won’t be paying pretty much half the price of my season ticket for membership when I might not even get to a match on it and presumably would have to pay for a ticket too.
    That said there are no details yet so I’ll hold my whist until there is actual news.

That was my thinking as well. €50-€80 for some sort of solidarity membership.

Throw me something that makes it clear I'm a super-duper Leinster fan and I would have been happy.

But €150 for another tatty scarf is not what I had in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

That was my thinking as well. €50-€80 for some sort of solidarity membership.

Throw me something that makes it clear I'm a super-duper Leinster fan and I would have been happy.

But €150 for another tatty scarf is not what I had in mind.

I agree with you bought on this. Unless we would be getting some decent (a Canterbury t-shirt or something), I won't be paying more than 100 quid for this. I understand it's tough for Leinster at the moment, but I think it's shocking that they haven't released any details at all about this yet, considering it goes on sale on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

the absolute lack of anything from leinster is a joke, can we get a squad for next season? or will more players be poached?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

the absolute lack of anything from leinster is a joke, can we get a squad for next season? or will more players be poached?

They're waiting on the green light from Munster first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Yeah there's no value in it. If I had to get out my credit card and pay it, I wouldn't dream of it. However, if I have the money in my Leinster account from the ST refund and can simply roll it over, then I might just do that. And I'd say Leinster understand that pretty well :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,554 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Essentially this is Leinster asking for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

charity and support are essentially the same thing. You buy a club lotto ticket because you support a team. This is exactly the same. They are fundraising

Well the province has to try and raise funds in some way, while people can't go to games. See no problem in it given the dire situation. I'm sure Ulster won't be far behind.

It is pretty brazen to be asking for charity from supporters if they aren't taking steps to cut costs significantly. Are the announced temporary wage deferrals for players going to be extended or even made permanent? Are the paid blazers going to have salaries slashed?

If Leinster, or any other province for that matter, want supporters to fork out charity then they need to start releasing details of the steps they're taking to tighten their belts given their income has been slashed for the forseeable. It is absolutely not right for supporters to have to pay in money to maintain the likes of Mick Dawson's hefty salary, or playing squads with 40+ expensive professional players.

charity and support are essentially the same thing. You buy a club lotto ticket because you support a team. This is exactly the same. They are fundraising

Clubs aren't professional.

And at least you get a lotto entry.

Clubs aren't professional.

And at least you get a lotto entry.

Yea it is an entirely different proposition for a community, amateur club to raise funds to keep the lights on.

That is not what this is.

So I answer their "survey" and it's taken as my answer regarding the credit due? That's underhanded unless I'm missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I have no interest in giving money to any province and I kinda think people who do are absolutely mad tbh!

• Advertisement

So I answer their "survey" and it's taken as my answer regarding the credit due? That's underhanded unless I'm missing something.

You have missed something, the money is going back to your season ticket account

You have missed something, the money is going back to your season ticket account

Hmm.

Was an option given for a refund? Leinster can't unilaterally decide to not do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yeah the survey seemed non-commitall, then when I answered it says credit as been added to my account..its what I wanted anyway but its definitely misleading

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

AdamD wrote: »
    Yeah the survey seemed non-commitall, then when I answered it says credit as been added to my account..its what I wanted anyway but its definitely misleading

If it's the case that they've done that unilaterally based on the response to "what might you do" survey, I am not impressed and I'll have to check Monday what the story is.

I had initially picked the membership for next year option as what I might do, but it wasn't a final decision, it was a survey. With how they've done this, I'll probably ask for a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

awec wrote: »
    Yea it is an entirely different proposition for a community, amateur club to raise funds to keep the lights on.

That is not what this is.

Well, it is described as a contribution to Leinster domestic rugby.

Well, it is described as a contribution to Leinster domestic rugby.

If all the money goes into the amateur game then that's fair enough.

Contract announcement today would be nice to alongside the ST news

• Registered Users Posts: 11,549 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

€120 for the membership.

What is the new Official Membership scheme?

Leinster Rugby has launched a new Official Membership scheme exclusively in the first instance to existing season ticket holders
    There are a host of exclusive member-only benefits included
    Only members of the Official Membership will have access to any match day tickets that become available in the 2020/21 season
    What are the benefits?

The Official Membership will secure for its members access to the following benefits:

Welcome pack (membership card and gift)
    Priority ticket access to tickets that do become available for next season’s matches including,
    Games in the Guinness PRO14 and the Heineken Champions Cup
    Leinster Women’s home games played in the Interprovincial Championship
    Leinster ‘A’ home games played in the Celtic Cup
    Exclusive opportunity to enter lottery to purchase home Guinness 6 Nations tickets
    Money can’t buy promotions (signed jerseys etc.)
    Invitation only events (coaches Q&A etc.)
    Priority access to tickets for knock-out games
    Digital magazine
    10% discount at Life Style Sports instore and online
    Other partner and supplier discounts

Bit steep.

• Advertisement

No value in that I’ll hold off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement