Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Adidas predator malice

• 07-05-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ kingstevii

Got a pair of these a few months ago.. Normally take a nine, but had to get an eleven to get a fit, well after 3 months I still can't wear them for a whole match or training session without blisters on my heals.. Jaysus, some waste of 200 blips.. Anyone else suffer with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭ errlloyd

I have bought the control ones which are fine. The flare ones fit less well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ arsebiscuits1

I use the Malice SG I got about 2 years ago. I think they're similar or the same as the ones you've listed. Took a little while to break them in.

No issues with sizing and they're a very versatile boot I find.

Have you high arches or anything? My arches are very high and my foot would move around a lot regardless of lace tightness or boot fit. Once I got insoles it is a much snugger fit

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭ awec

Are you sure they're not just too big?

I've found the modern Adidas boots are designed to fit like a glove. They feel a bit weird when you first wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ kingstevii

I use the Malice SG I got about 2 years ago. I think they're similar or the same as the ones you've listed. Took a little while to break them in.

No issues with sizing and they're a very versatile boot I find.

Have you high arches or anything? My arches are very high and my foot would move around a lot regardless of lace tightness or boot fit. Once I got insoles it is a much snugger fit

I'll try a set of insoles, that certainly might help, cheers

awec wrote: »
    Are you sure they're not just too big?

I've found the modern Adidas boots are designed to fit like a glove. They feel a bit weird when you first wear them.

I've been wearing Adidas for years, but havent been wearing preds for a good few seasons, they're defo not too big.. Again, I'd have expected them to be well broken in by now,, but they aren't.. They feel extra stiff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭ joseywhales

90's puma king, nothing else can compare

Was an umbro speciali man meself!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭ Buer

The stench of hair clay and skin products is overwhelming in this thread.

The backs must be talking about fashion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭ franglan

Only boot in town for the gah players amongst us! I take one size up than a normal shoe with these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭ blackdog1

Addidas World cups. Pumas Kings were nice but for a back row or back nothing beat world cups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,945 ✭✭✭✭ razorblunt

Buer wrote: »
    The stench of hair clay and skin products is overwhelming in this thread.

The backs must be talking about fashion again.

What kind of boots did I wear?

Black ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭ Losty Dublin

razorblunt wrote: »
    What kind of boots did I wear?

Black ones.

In first year I came into possession of my cousins old steel toe Adidas boots*. Such was the awe of having actual rugby boots, for a time I was made the pack leader until somebody else got boots of their own.

*The yellow striped ones, no less.

Advertisement